I mean, proper mad.

There's a new group on Facebook about wanting to get the rights to know the addresses of sex offenders which she joined. I asked why and she went on to tell me that she's worried about how her kids may knock on an offender's door when they go trick or treating on hallowe'en and other things along them lines.

Now, I'm not a parent myself but I do understand how when you become one you will do anything to protect your sproggs. That's fair enough, but this group states it should be a human right to know. So I went on to say how it would contradict other human rights such as your right to privacy and overall for people to be safe in their own homes. I don't know if they are actual rights, but you get the idea. Then I explained how though I think the crimes involved are terrible and I agree that only bad things hould come their way, they go to prison and they do their time, pay their debt if you will. They could have rehabilitated in this time or atleast regretted the incident leading to it.

She just said that I'm siding with these people and I don't care about anyone's well-being.

Did I say something truly wrong there?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
No. I agree with your principle that sex offenders are still people. That woman can chill.
Quote by daniel.mycoe

Yeah you left out "Now go enjoy your stereotype woman activities, bitch". Women like being treated like crap.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
you're right .. but so is she

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

i think you've got a valid point too. Everyone has the right to privacy (it's an actual human right), no matter what theyve done they're still human. So you're in the right too... it's a moral dilema...

god im being insightful tonight

EDIT: im also incredibly late
Quote by Kensai
Yeah you left out "Now go enjoy your stereotype woman activities, bitch". Women like being treated like crap.

She's just overreacting massively. Girls do this far too much in my experience.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Im not gunna read it... probably relationship thread.. or rape
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
yes and come on, if ANYONE can find them they will probably get killed by someones father or anything beacause they think that "They deserved it"... It's not gonna fly...
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by jake911
Dont you give up that right when you become a sex offender?

Yeah i guess when you become registered, some of your rights can be grey area-d and such.

Don't blame her, she's just trying to make sure she knows who to keep an eye on when her kids are out and about.
Quote by Kensai

I was waiting for you or Darth to have their opinion hahaha!

I'll keep that in mind for next time.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Go trick or treating with her then.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Kensai

First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
You were just voicing your opinion. Tell her that, and tell her you realize that it's just an opinion.

Also I hate the dehumanizing of criminals. Just because they've committed crimes doesn't make them animals or something. In fact I'd say they have balls.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Tell her that if sex offenders have to have their houses flagged, then every Mexican, Black, Asian, and any other minorities have to be flagged, too. I mean, they could kidnap her kids when they go trick or treating.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by metaldud536
So are you hitting that or are the kids getting in the way?

Neither my man. What would that change though?
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

The problem here is you're both right.

She doesn't want her children taking candy from these people or even interacting with them. I wouldn't. But they still have a right to privacy. It's a dilemma. To be fair, they did commit crimes, there for nullifying several of their rights. I think I have to agree with her.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by shut_up_n00b
Tell her that if sex offenders have to have their houses flagged, then every Mexican, Black, Asian, and any other minorities have to be flagged, too. I mean, they could kidnap her kids when they go trick or treating.

Woah, woah, WOAH!

We would never kidnap children. We'd beat them for having bad grades, though.
I can understand where she's coming from, but you're basically right. Besides, she would still only know about the registered sex-offenders, she still can't be sure that her children will be safe. It's the equivalent of teaching your children road-safety by just warning them about red cars. Her time would be better spent teaching her children how to spot potential molestation situations and how to escape from them, e.g. punching the perpetrator in the dick.
Quote by daniel.mycoe
I mean, proper mad.

There's a new group on Facebook about wanting to get the rights to know the addresses of sex offenders which she joined. I asked why and she went on to tell me that she's worried about how her kids may knock on an offender's door when they go trick or treating on hallowe'en and other things along them lines.

Now, I'm not a parent myself but I do understand how when you become one you will do anything to protect your sproggs. That's fair enough, but this group states it should be a human right to know. So I went on to say how it would contradict other human rights such as your right to privacy and overall for people to be safe in their own homes. I don't know if they are actual rights, but you get the idea. Then I explained how though I think the crimes involved are terrible and I agree that only bad things hould come their way, they go to prison and they do their time, pay their debt if you will. They could have rehabilitated in this time or atleast regretted the incident leading to it.

She just said that I'm siding with these people and I don't care about anyone's well-being.

Well, she's being unfair, because she's using the past to predict the future, which is in a sense stereotyping. It's like saying, "He's gay, so he's gonna come on to every person of the same sex he meets." NO! Just because you drop a rock, doesn't always mean it will always fall to the floor. It could float to the ceiling. You can't use past experiences to predict the future 100% accurately.

Points for reference
The sex offenders list is somewhat flawed

My friend gave a guy a blowjob n a cruise she was on. Her parents caught her in the act, and one thing led to another, and she is on the list because he was underage (she was 17 and he was 15)
You both just have different priorities, and it needs to be determined whether making their addresses public would cause more good and less harm than keeping them private, and go with that.

Also, if a child was young enough to be victimized by a paedo, wouldn't they be young enough to be accompanied by a parent? And if they were old enough to be out on their own, i would think they would have a cellphone to call about any bad stuff happening.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.