A few questions about them..
can you put a cab through a combo amp?
can you put a head amp through a combo amp?
do people choose head&cab because it has more watts, or does it sound better?
the head is the one with the tubes, right? and how many tubes does it usually have depending on watts?
does branded cabs matter? like marshall cabs with 4-12 or some other brand 4-12 speakers?
the head is 100watts, but you have a tiny cab. it still makes crazy noise?

thanks for those who help
Did you mean: Can you plug a combo into a cab? Yes, so long as you have speaker outs.
Can you plug a head into a combo amp? If you can disconnect the speakers then yes so long as the impedence match.
Do people choose amps because of high wattage? Only if you're a noob/need headroom.
Does it sound better? Subjective.
The heads are ones with tubes. No some combo amps are tube, so heads are tube.
Do brands matter? No. do speakers matter? yes.

You'd know this if you were such a 1337 guitar player wouldn't you?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Sep 21, 2008,
1. If it has a speaker out, yes - you have to match impedance and the cab has to be at least the same wattage as the amp.
2. It's possible, but not recommended.
3. Some amps are only available as a head - and generally you have more speakers, thus more air is being pushed, thus louder.
4. Yes. 50w heads usually have two power tubes and two preamp tubes... but this can vary greatly.
5. Not necessarily.
6. You might blow your cab if the head has a higher wattage.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
can you put a cab through a combo amp? yes
can you put a head amp through a combo amp? i don't think so... may be wrong.
do people choose head&cab because it has more watts, or does it sound better? It's just more versitile. there are heads that are less watts than combos (ex: Black Heart Killer Ant head vs. Peavey Classic 50 combo)
the head is the one with the tubes, right? and how many tubes does it usually have depending on watts? no, TUBE amps are the amps with tubes. Heads are just the things that process the sound, but the cab is the thing with the speakers that emits the sound. don't know the second part. Usually differs.
does branded cabs matter? like marshall cabs with 4-12 or some other brand 4-12 speakers? yes. Wood, materials, quality, etc. are all factors into amps. Especially speakers. (peavey cabls aren't good from what i hear.)
the head is 100watts, but you have a tiny cab. it still makes crazy noise? you have to have a cab with equal watts or more to function, or it will, i think, blow the head. But if you want it to be not as loud, you'd have to get an autenator.
O O

___