Page 1 of 3
im sick of having to creep secretly around outside avoiding cops while i smoke a bowl (there are tons of cops roaming my campus at night). so does anyone know how to disable a smoke detector without actually removing it so that I can smoke in my room? I can't simply open it up and take out the battery for this will set off all the alarms in the whole building ( I know this cause someone did this the first night here). will simply taping a plastic bag around it work? thats the only thing I've come up with. your ideas?
Sellotape a hairdryer next to it, and switch it on. It will then blow all the smoke away from the dectector.
Or it might not, but it would be fun to try.
myeah condom or plastic bag seems the best idea 'till now

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Disabling smoke detectors to start a small fire that will lead to you smoking things that will make you stoned.

Don't come crying to us when you fall asleep baked, your couch catches fire and your legs are burnt off.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
Quote by stitches31
...take the batteries out?

Did you even read the OP?

I vote for the condom option.
Cling Film should work fine.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
I wouldn't smoke in the room, the scent will remain and will make it very obvious to anyone who walks in that you've been smoking in there. Not good if an RA knocks on the door.
creep up behind it and smash it to pieces, then say a whitty line
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
I'm gonna laugh when there actually is a fire in your room and you don't realize it because you forget turn it back on.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
but, if you are caught then its a federal offense. just to let ya know.

Yeah watch out for the alarm inspectors.
Quote by hb15577
dude your not funny your an immature faggot, sig that
Quote by MightyAl
Sellotape a hairdryer next to it, and switch it on. It will then blow all the smoke away from the dectector.
Or it might not, but it would be fun to try.

I kinda like this idea, but not really...instead of a hair dryer next to the smoke detector, but a fan in the window so that it's blowing outside, cover up the smoke detector as best as you can and smoke next to the window so long as no one can see you.
Quote by 006schecter

I would love that job.

RMF

well you could get a thick blanket and rig a system around the fire detector so you could put it up and take it down. a thick blanket will prevent enough smoke from getting to it to set it off.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Clingfilm.

I have to warn you though, a girl in my friend's uni halls did that and she accidentally left incense burning and it set fire to her whole room and because the detector didn't go off, everything burned and she literally lost all her stuff, her guitar, family photographs, everything. I saw pictures and the whole room was black and melted. She had to sleep on the floor in some other girl's room while they rebuilt her bedroom.

So make sure you don't leave the room if your smoke detector's covered up
a fan? blow the smoke away from the thing and behind you. or maybe a vacuum? but in my HONEST opinion, if you'd stop the smoking of the pot you'd have thought of most of these yourself dude....
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by 006schecter

i lol'd a good minute over this
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Quote by joshua029
a fan? blow the smoke away from the thing and behind you. or maybe a vacuum? but in my HONEST opinion, if you'd stop the smoking of the pot you'd have thought of most of these yourself dude....

I don't appreciate your narrow-minded view, you should know that pot heads are some of the most inventive people I have met. Have you seen some of the stuff invented just to smoke? Would YOU ever think of building a waterfall/gravity bong? I didn't THINK so.
Brownies. Or do coke instead. Or heroin. Or meth. Or get drunk. Or all at the same time. Hell, you can drink some bleach while you're at it.
you know that if anyone catches you doing this, they'll kick you out of the dorm, no questions asked. sometimes your roommate too, even if he didn't do anything. something like that happened the first week here at my school. some retard smoked in his room, and the smell went into the hall. RA caught a whiff and had him kicked out, police involved, all that jazz. is it really worth it man? you are paying to be there, you know.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
bahaha, has NO-ONE seen harold and kumar escape guantanamo bay?!
just watch the scene in the airplane bathroom religiously until you can recreate the smokeless bong
Quote by tona_107
I don't appreciate your narrow-minded view, you should know that pot heads are some of the most inventive people I have met. Have you seen some of the stuff invented just to smoke? Would YOU ever think of building a waterfall/gravity bong? I didn't THINK so.

i know about 50 pot smokers, and they arent the brightest bulb in the box...
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Quote by Skierinanutshel
at the college i went to last year, there actually were inspectors for the alarms due to the type of system it was.....so its a possibility to have that for a job.

Mr. La Fritz's dream can become a reality.
Quote by hb15577
dude your not funny your an immature faggot, sig that
I guess shorting out the positive and negative might work.. then again... it might have the same effect as taking out the battery. Connecting both wires going to the speaker inside the alarm with an alligator clip or something might work..
sup?
Quote by 006schecter

Mr. La Fritz's dream can become a reality.

"Morning, *flashes badge* mind if I step inside to check your smoke alarm?"

Stoned guy: "Er...man, no, I uhh, it's being repaired, it's at the shop I swear"

Me: "CUT THAT SHIT OUT" *kicks guy in face*

Justice, my friends.

RMF

Quote by ivanmord_123
bahaha, has NO-ONE seen harold and kumar escape guantanamo bay?!
just watch the scene in the airplane bathroom religiously until you can recreate the smokeless bong

there already is something like that.

It's called a vaporizer.

I plan on investing in a Vape when i go to college.

it uses the weed more effectively, and theres no smell or smoke.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
When I lived in the dorms I blazed all the time in my room without doing a thing to the smoke detector. All the smoke detectors at my school are heat activated, NOT smoke activated, which is a pretty common thing in a campus setting. They have a carbon monoxide detector attached to them which will go off if there's a LOT of smoke billowing around (think like, running a fog machine in your room...I know from experience) but that sets off an alarm in only your room, because it's meant to warn of a Co2 leak, not a fire. EDIT: erm that's CO...not CO2...I'm not a chemical engineering major

The truth is that it takes a good amount of smoke to trip any fire alarm, even in a house where they are smoke activated. Just towel your door, set up a fan in the window, and blow the smoke out of the window. Even if you don't open a window, I would be impressed if you baked out your room enough with one bowl to set off any kind of fire alarm, heat activated or smoke activated.
Last edited by InsomniaRocks at Sep 21, 2008,
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Sounds like a crappy Nu-Metal band.

lol i'll put Hammer force in my mental list of stupid word combination that could be band names along with
Original mastaba <(not a spelling mistake)
blood care
blunt potato nail
and "yelling camel"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Page 1 of 3