Hey guys. I recently bought a nice Ibanez electric guitar. It plays great and sounds really good. But I have a problem. I restrung it and can't get it tuned, and when i do get it tuned, the bridge is all the way up, leading to string breakage. How do I get the bridge to stay down and for the guitar to get tuned? I have tried a lot of things with no help and it is frustrating me to no end. So any help would be greatly appreciated. You guys have helped a lot in the past, so please work your magic again.

Thanks guys,
Josh.
You must have changed gauge of the strings somehow. This means you need to adjust the springs in the back of the guitar. This will level the bridge again.

Do you know what gauge you put on?
Rock on!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
If it was a new guitar it'll have come with 9's, and you replace them with 10's.
You need to unscrew the cover on the back of the guitar, and adjust the springs, its a guessing game on the amount you turn with a screwdiver. Just trial and error.
Gear

Yamaha FX370C
take the back plate off it it dosent have holes for it and you will see 2 phillips head screws in the back simpley tighten them about the same amount to bring the bridge down and loosen them to make it go up so u shuld tighten them but releave some pressure what i would do is tune the stings in equal steps down so that the strings have equal pressure of standard when you tighten the bridge springs it will pull the strings tighter thus changing the tuneing so u will half to f with it for a little while hope that helps
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
You just take the plate off the back of the guitar and tighten or loosen the springs......if my memory serves me correctly you will need to tighten the screws to pull the bridge back down
It should, I cant remember whether you need to tighten or loosen them. Give it a go. Just do it a tiny amount to begin with, to make sure you're doing it the right way. After that turn the screws a bit more.
Gear

Yamaha FX370C
Good luck!

P.S. Be prepared for this to take a while as each time you adjust the bridge angle it will put the guitar out of tune, then when you re-tune it will change the bridge angle again......you just have to keep going until you manage to get it right, took me ages the first time
Alternately you could just get some 9's and save yourself the hassle
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Also ^This^

If you're playing in standard you don't need 10s, (in my opinion) it just makes everything that bit harder to do.....with only a slight difference in tone
yeah. like i am doing it right now and the thing that is making me mad is once i tune one string, it knocks the other out of tune.
yeah, if you're just tuning the strings and the bridge is fine, then I have a tip

Tune everything up once, and then when you go back to check the low E, make a note of how out it is and overcompensate, for example, say it's a quarter tone flat, then tune it a quarter tone sharp, do this for all the strings, except the high E, just tune that to pitch, then when you go back (theoretically) they should either be in tune, or very close......
Yeah. I broke the high e string.
Very frustrating. Giving up for now.