Specifically, Asheron's Call, WoW, and Everquest.

Anyone on UG an MMO person? What's your MMO of choice? MMO history?

My first MMO was Asheron's Call: Dark Majesty, and via nostalgia it is the best to me. AC2 was pretty enjoyable as well... But not like ACM. WoW wasn't very fun for me because I had no one to play with and the community sucked balls. I've never played Everquest, but I hear good things.
Ive played AC on and off since 99 or 00, cant remember exactly. best game ever, seriously. Ive played most mmorpgs (excluding korean or f2p ones) but none compare to AC1
My first was Everquest and then I moved onto WoW which got some unbelievable boring with BC that I quit.

I'm kinda thinking about getting warhammer but then I think to myself "if I could re-spend all that time I spent on WoW on the guitar I'd actually be able to do things with it." So unless its really amazing i'm gonna stay mmorpg free :O
Play WoW casually, MMOs get boring too fast.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I play WoW right now, and Phantasy Star Universe on Xbox360. I might get Warhammer, don't know yet, depends on the reviews.
I play WoW but only during the holidays when I'm at home all day. At uni I'm too busy.

But yeah it's fun enough. MMORPGs get a lot more fun once you got a decent guild and you can properly interact with people rather than just typing to randoms you'll never see again.
Yeah I play WoW, it's fun and I'm in a good social guild so I don't have to talk to any retards lol.
"Time doesn't exist here, we will never die."

-Celldweller
Gunz is pretty fun, but Ultima Online FTW
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Tibia ftw.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
I'm currently playing Wonderland Online... it's sorta like a Final Fantasy game...

just Sort Of.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
I have played WoW in the past.

I enjoyed it, it's heaps of fun.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Every time one of these threads pops up I just pop by and say "Dragon Raja", and await someone who also plays/has played Dragon Raja. I'm still waiting

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
I play Guild wars its cool let know if anyone else plays
Quote by imdeth
There was a big spider (Spinarak) on my wall so I rolled up a newspaper and shouted "swift!" and killed it. It was super effective.
gaming thread?

And MMORPGS suck the will to have a social life out of people
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Asheron's Call was the shiz. That was my first MMO. Since then I've played CoH, LotRO, WoW, Tabula Rasa, Guild Wars, and DDO. Not at the same time, obviously. I can't say I liked WoW, because everyone there is an ass, and I also can't say I enjoyed the gameplay. Despite the amount of games I've played, I'm not hardcore enough that I have no social life outside of a server. I know this guy who met a chick from Texas on WoW, and they're now dating. He even flew out there for a few days, and she actually was a chick, not a fifty-something man masquerading as a night elf.
LOTRO
Ive had it, for say, 2 years? Its a pretty good game, its much better than WoW in my opinion. Has more of a storyline, and much more realistic graphics. I think its a great game
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine
Well, MMORPGs are not a happy portion of my life.

When I was 14-16, Star Wars Galaxies consumed my life. I had 799 hours logged onto that game, which rounds out to one month of continuous play. I was epic at that game, it was a straight-up addiction, couldn't go a day without playing until they ruined the game.

Then I went into Eve a year or so ago, couldn't really stay into it.

Bottom line for anyone looking into an MMO; If you're going to play video games, play video games that are oriented around gaining some actual skill; not EXP. MMO's WILL suck up your life whether or not you think you can keep it at bay.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jul 22, 2009,