I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to change guitar pro files into MP3s.

Thanks for any help
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by The_Sophist
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to change guitar pro files into MP3s.

Thanks for any help

Export to a WAV, then convert the wav file into an MP3...only way I know of.
Could you please be a bit more specific, I'm technology illiterate.

Note : I do not have audacity, I do however have Cubase LE
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
1. Download Audacity (free recording software)
2. Find GP file, record it either with Audacity or using GP
3. In Audacity, Click "Save As mp3" - error message will show up
3b. Search for the Lame Library online, download it, because it doesn't have it already for some reason
4. Finish saving
Quote by xHellbound
1. Download Audacity (free recording software)
2. Find GP file, record it either with Audacity or using GP
3. In Audacity, Click "Save As mp3" - error message will show up
3b. Search for the Lame Library online, download it, because it doesn't have it already for some reason
4. Finish saving

Or, install Audacity. Open up GP file in GP. File->Export->WAVE. Play song from the beginning or something...and press the stop button in GP to stop the recording. Open up the WAVE in Audacity and save it as a MP3. As for what's required to save a WAV file to an MP3 in Audacity, Google.
Quote by raevin
Or, install Audacity. Open up GP file in GP. File->Export->WAVE. Play song from the beginning or something...and press the stop button in GP to stop the recording. Open up the WAVE in Audacity and save it as a MP3. As for what's required to save a WAV file to an MP3 in Audacity, Google.

I've had trouble recording with Guitar Pro, for some reason there's a better chance that it will lag. So I switched to recording through Audacity, which if you just let the screen sit still for the duration, nothing skips or freezes.

Edit -> Preferences -> Audio I/O -> Make Recording Device same as Output Device

Put 2 Channels (Stereo) so your recording can have left and right channels before-hand.
Quote by xHellbound
I've had trouble recording with Guitar Pro, for some reason there's a better chance that it will lag. So I switched to recording through Audacity, which if you just let the screen sit still for the duration, nothing skips or freezes.

Edit -> Preferences -> Audio I/O -> Make Recording Device same as Output Device

Put 2 Channels (Stereo) so your recording can have left and right channels before-hand.

I never had any issues...and I've even done it through virtual machines w/ no issues...but, eh. Whatever works really, I just find the delay from switching between GP and Audacity kind of more troublesome than just exporting the GP as a wave.
If this has been solved already sorry for being a douche and bringing it back up.
But an alternative method thought GP and Audicity is using a freeware software known as Cam Studio.
It can record real-time whats going on your screen, but you can change that to strickly the AUDIO being played.
And this is without a mic too.

I don't remember how too. I've been trying to find a GP5 to MP3 converter LMAO! Wonder if it's possible...
I just read an article about the dangers of heavy drinking; it scared the shit outta me! So I decided, no more reading!!!
AliceLow 

What I do is export the guitar pro file to midi (with Guitar Pro). Then I open the midi with Foobar (a fantastic music player). In Foobar (free software), you can install a converter, and with it you can convert the midi to mp3 (right-clicking in it). If you have installed the BASSMIDI SoundFont SGM-V2.01.sf2 (there are others) into the Foobar program then the sound is very good.