I have to do a research paper about the rights of women in the middle ages. i am having trouble coming up with a good thesis statement.

i have one made now, but id like some help on how i can make it better.

this is what i have now:

To explain the rights of women in the Middle ages, I will discuss the following: the limited rights women did have, the rights men had over women, and the women who had more rights than other women.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
add "and why their rights should still be limited".
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by InanezGuitars44

To explain the rights of women in the Middle ages, I will discuss the following: We are man, man are strong, we beat women, we catch food, they cook, clean, make sexy time.

This?
Damnit Kensai, beat me to it

Anyway, never, ever, EVER say "I will explain the following" in a thesis statement. Same goes for starting your conclusion with "In conclusion." It's just tacky. Try to rework the first part of your thesis.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by ToastYerLicks
Damnit Kensai, beat me to it

Anyway, never, ever, EVER say "I will explain the following" in a thesis statement. Same goes for starting your conclusion with "In conclusion." It's just tacky. Try to rework the first part of your thesis.

thats what i need help on lol. it just sounds like im in 5th grade or something.

and to the other guys, i have a funny story.

in class we had to pick a topic and my friend was reading through the choices and he yells out "womens rights? haha that wont take long!" so my teacher said "alright then that can be your topic"

PWN

but im in his group so im stuck with the topic too

EDIT: maybe something like this?

To explain the rights of women in the Middle ages, the following will be discussed: the limited rights women did have, the rights men had over women, and the women who had more rights than other women.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by hellbound_jonny
^Change the word discussed. It's not a meeting.

to.....

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44

EDIT: maybe something like this?

To explain the rights of women in the Middle ages, the following will be discussed: the limited rights women did have, the rights men had over women, and the women who had more rights than other women.

You don't want to use present/future tense in a research paper. It's about the past.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Umm, how about not going with these foo's suggestions. They make it sound far too much like a second grade paper. You want to explain why women's limited rights in the middle ages were so great and why we should still live like that, in a manner that grabs the reader and pulls them in. Don't be like "In dis paper I tell you what I is think" Be like... "In the middle ages, the rights of women were limited to say the least, though the limitations may have in fact been beneficial to all."

Then go on to explain how the limitations were good, and why feminists with small boobs will never win anything.
I hate the "To explain the rights of women in the Middle ages, the following will be discussed:"

Doesn't sound right. And I don't think it would go well in an essay. I dunno.
"In the middle ages, women were put in their place. They ade us men dinner, they cleaned the house, and they raised the children. In this age, women suddenly began believing that they were actually worth more than that. Not only were they wrong, but it also caused 9/11."

and then go on more about the limited rights women had and slightly hint as often as possible how it's for the best interests of society.
ok in the paper im discussing 3 things: the rights women had, the rights men had over women, and the women that had more rights than most women.

help me make that information into a thesis statement. and i cant really change the info since im done with the rest of the paper.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣