Does anyone have any suggestions on how to strengthen fingers to do barre chords? I just cant seem to keep my index finger strong pressed against all the strings while doing the fingerings with other fingers.

So far I only know the chords. If theres something else I should learn firs tplease tell me.

Thanks
play guitar more?
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Just keep practicing em. It takes a while, but your muscles have to get used to the shapes. You might try some kind of hand stregenthing device, but IMHO they're expensive and hardly worth it because they really don't do much to cut down the time it takes for your muscles to develop in the particular way that barre chords require.

-Edit- I've also heard of people squeezing a tennis ball/rubber raquetball ball to help develop hand muscles, but I don't personally know how effective it is.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I've also heard of people squeezing a tennis ball/rubber raquetball ball to help develop hand muscles, but I don't personally know how effective it is.

+1

I used to do that when i started to play guitar last year.....except it was a basketball. (Thank god for my school having me start Varsity )

Just never give up on Barre Chords dude,every guitarist has trouble with them once in a while.Just Practice,Practice,practice!
SIG
yup.