Had borrowed my cousins for over a month and taught myself to play a little so I finally splurged and bought a Jackson RR3 Rhoads Pro Series Electric Guitar. Price at $650 on the website and othersites like Musicians friend, zzsounds, etc... Well, The sale guy reccommended it and I played it and love the sound more than the other guitars I played, which ranged from Les Pauls in the $500-600 range, schecter c-1's and damiens, a $850 jaguar, an ephiphone sg, which i though was by far the worst, and a few others. Well, I loved it and its FLoyd Rose so I decided to buy it. Best thing was, it was on sale for $500. Must have been a store special, because it wasn't even listed at that on the store cpu when he wrung me out.

Good deal? Good guitar? Personally I was just playing the Star Spangled Banner on it Jimi Hendrix style and the sound is to die for....
Great guitar, as long as you know how to set up a FR you'll be fine.
I'm guessing you do since you bought one for your first guitar.
Nice purchase. Proud owner of an RR5 myself.
Rock on!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
so you bought a 650 dollar guitar and youve been playin a month. i woulda gotten a decent amp first
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Well first off your amazingly lucky to have a RR3 for your first guitar. I know most of us are stuck buying shitty starter packs and knockoff's. But yeah I used to be a fan of the RR's. The only thing I dont like personally is they feel WAY to small. They have great sound however and damn do they look sexy.
I guess its a good buy,There is only one problem.....when it comes time to change the strings,i hope you know how that since youre guitar has a floyd rose system,you know how to tune it,trust me ive been playing guitar for over a year now,and it still bugs me :P.

Gl on rocking out with that guitar.Peace

Dude, the rules state that you must post a picture of your new guitar.

Idk if it clearly says that but to make sure,i Guess a picture would be nice to see.
SIG
yup.
Last edited by Th3 M3tal at Sep 21, 2008,
Quote by hendrix_128
so you bought a 650 dollar guitar and youve been playin a month. i woulda gotten a decent amp first

+1

Shitty ass B.C. Warlock + nice amp + distortion pedal = Amazing sound for a starter

Gotta love my C-1 FR though
i think u made the right choice in ur perspective. the only thing i hate about randy roads vs is that their a bitch to play sitting down
Congrats. Just make sure you're properly maintaining it. It'd be pointless to shell out a bunch of money on a decent guitar just to let it fall to s***.

I've never been a huge fan of the V body style, but Jackson RR Vs are great guitars. Sounds to me like you made a good buy, a store near my house has one for $800
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by DespisedIcon
What is your amp TS?

I have a Line 6 Toneport which plays through the computer and can emulate many different amps and tones, and a Line 6 Spider III. The spider was cheap and reccommended.

And on the guys about the FR, the salesman told me I'd have a pain doing it, but that it was worth learning to do it. He showed me how and I'm confident that with that demo and the internetz It shouldn't be a real bad pain.
Quote by jackofclubs
+1

Shitty ass B.C. Warlock + nice amp + distortion pedal = Amazing sound for a starter

Gotta love my C-1 FR though

I played the warlock which was $150 and though it sucked. Tried out like 20+ guitars and I thought the warlock was the worst after the crap Ephiphone SG I played.
Quote by jackofclubs
Well first off your amazingly lucky to have a RR3 for your first guitar. I know most of us are stuck buying shitty starter packs and knockoff's. But yeah I used to be a fan of the RR's. The only thing I dont like personally is they feel WAY to small. They have great sound however and damn do they look sexy.

Yea you're right about that. I was stuck for my first month with my Squier Strat and shitty Fender "starter amp" that picked up radio frequencies and buzzed everywhere. Then I got a Peavey amp. It's a lot better than the Fender, but by no means great.

Finally now, I am stuck for the next 3 months with a PRS Tremonti SE (Les Paul body) and a Roland Cube 30X. when my friend takes them back, I will HAVE to buy something new. I am saving up for an amp moreso than guitar (a Gibson Explorer is like $1400 or something stupid like that ).

Anyway nice guitar TS and post some pictures!!!
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by MustangSVT
Yea you're right about that. I was stuck for my first month with my Squier Strat and shitty Fender "starter amp" that picked up radio frequencies and buzzed everywhere.

Thats actually what I started with. My cousin lent it to me. It was part of a $150 bundle.
Absolutely beautiful. Must be a bitch to play sitting down though (as with any flying V).
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by MustangSVT
Absolutely beautiful. Must be a bitch to play sitting down though (as with any flying V).

Oh, you know it lol. I've developed an entire new way of playing thanks to its shape.