Has anyone else here read this series...?
holy crap. I used to think Stephen King was just a hack that lucky and wrote some popular novels, but he's a damn genious.
Amazing story, but what did you think of the ending?
I personally think it was an incredible ending and would have been dissapointed with anything less, but please, your opinion?
Ummm that series is ****ing EPIC! I've read it twice now, I plan on reaading it again after I finish the 12 book series I'm on now(The Wheel of Time Series)

EDIT* Oh and I personally loved the endind I'd like to see what happens to him while he carries the horn(I hope that isn't a spoiler)
i hate Kings ending but yet, what else would have worked.
Quote by Union Jake

Long story short, 10 minutes later we were all sat there jerking off. (each others)

/\WTF!!!!
EPIC EPIC EPIC F UCKING SERIES!!!
I loved it.
He is a genius, he didn't just write bookes,
he connected them all in little ways
call me Shelby

Quote by ShelbyLynn
EPIC EPIC EPIC F UCKING SERIES!!!
I loved it.
He is a genius, he didn't just write bookes,
he connected them all in little ways

Oh yes and that I thought it was amazing how most of books are connected Roland is in another book called like "Lord of dragons" or sometihng like that, all's I remeber is it had Dragon in the title
I haven't read them yet, but I'll probably start soon.

I heard they're making a movie about this.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
I'm working on the first book, about to finish it. I love it, by far my favorite book yet.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Dead.Memories
Ummm that series is ****ing EPIC! I've read it twice now, I plan on reaading it again after I finish the 12 book series I'm on now(The Wheel of Time Series)

EDIT* Oh and I personally loved the endind I'd like to see what happens to him while he carries the horn(I hope that isn't a spoiler)

First off, wheel of time is also amazing... Im up to the latest book, and its probably my favorite series. I was so.... very upset when I found out that he died.

and yea the ending, if he hadnt written about the horn I would have been so upset with the ending. but it gives a little bit of hope, so I loved it.

Also somone asked something about Randal Flagg, and yea, he's a pivotal part of the series.
I heard somewhere that whenever King writes a really evil character he makes their initial R.F. anyone else heard this?

I read Hearts in Atlantis, 'Salems Lot, before The Dark Tower, and now Im reading The Stand. I highly recomend all three of those because they tie in so closely with the characters and story of The Dark Tower.
i just ordered the first 3 books. ive been hearing really good things about these books for years, so i decided it was time to finally see what the hype is about.
Quote by Flann
Does this series have the walkin' dude aka Randall Flagg in it?

No, thats The Stand.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
SPOILER:
Lol @ it ending with the first line of the gunslinger.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Ktool The Girth
No, thats The Stand.

you tool, Flagg is in the Dark Tower series as well.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I have, I think the third or fourth book in the series, I haven't been able to get the first few though, which sucks, they're supposed to be great.
are you guys sure it ended? i read somewhere in the Internet that its going on but king isn't gonna write the rest of them. anyone else?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by joshua029
are you guys sure it ended? i read somewhere in the Internet that its going on but king isn't gonna write the rest of them. anyone else?

No, it's definitely done.

Amazing serious, though. Amaazing.
Quote by jmonko
wow am i the only one that hated the dark tower books?

no, i share your onpinion. but the short story he wrote that tied in with the dark tower was pretty good.
I have the first book but never read it. I heard it refrences his other books or something so i decided to read those first and i never did. But he's a good author. I like IT and Pet Sementary.
Quote by guylee
no, i share your onpinion. but the short story he wrote that tied in with the dark tower was pretty good.

The Little Sisters Of Eluria?
Im a big fan of his work and the Dark Tower series is so different from anything else hes written.
ಠ_ಠ
i'm halfway through the last book on my second time through the series. Was anyone else pissed when mordred killed walter? he was like the second best character in the whole series, and king just cut him out in three pages. I would've liked to see him near the end of the book.
*points to headline* It's ****ing amazing. Like, I've never read anything so epic and griping. I can't stop reading it.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
i'm halfway through the last book on my second time through the series. Was anyone else pissed when mordred killed walter? he was like the second best character in the whole series, and king just cut him out in three pages. I would've liked to see him near the end of the book.

yea I was kinda pissed about that too. Not so much because I really liked the RF character (he was good though) But more cuz I thought that Roland should've gotten to kill him, or at least be around when he got wrecked. King barely even made mention that Roland knew about it. Kind of Anti-climactic considering that the series all started with the man in black fleeing across the desert and the Gunslinger following
I LOVED Dark Tower Series. The wait for books 5, 6 and 7 almost killed me :P
I remember book 6 coming out while i was writing exams - I took 2 days out of my life for DT time - it was awesome.

Yeh, I was very disappointed that Mordred killed Walter too. Walter was awesome.
But it did make Mordred seem a lot more imposing.
wtf was the ending of insomnia, and does it have anything to do with Dark Tower, besides being a reference?

I stopped at Wolves of the calla for no adequately explored reason, and have been meaning to finish, but it's soooo damn long.
FREE THE PEAR

Robot Lewis Stevenson of the Timesplitters group! Join!
Seriously the best ever they should make an award just for him and call it the ****ing stephn king award or something
I hear that the guy who made lost has the rights to the Dark Tower series, and that King supports him on anything he wants to do with it; be it movie, t.v. show, or short series. I think a movie or even a series of movies would blow. But a long series like Band of Brothers kinda thing... might be pretty rockin
I couldn't get past the second book, I got too bored... I loved the first one though. I want to try reading it again though, I have almost all of the books.

oh that is great!

"'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?"
Anyone else piss themselves laughing when Tian Jaffords tells Eddie (Or was it Roland?) That he plows his sister?

They're talking about Jaffords stretch of land he calls "Son of a bitch" and Eddie says something about "must be hard to get mules to plow this" and Jaffords says "I plow my sister"

Also there's a bit where they're talking about the vagrant dead in Todash and Roland says something along the lines of "My old teacher (Vannay?) warned me about the vags", I obviously thought of that as a shortening of vaginas.
Quote by FloyDZeD
I haven't read them yet, but I'll probably start soon.

I heard they're making a movie about this.

More than a movie I would guess a mini-series instead (well, long novel would apply to this case I think), just like with The Stand...
Quote by masterohumans
I have the first book but never read it. I heard it refrences his other books or something so i decided to read those first and i never did. But he's a good author. I like IT and Pet Sementary.

I haven't read any of his other books and I still loved it.

I can imagine getting a tiny bit more out of it if you knew all the references, but they're only little bonuses. as a standalone story it's fantastic.

go read it.

go on, I'll wait...
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Hawkwing_21
I hear that the guy who made lost has the rights to the Dark Tower series, and that King supports him on anything he wants to do with it; be it movie, t.v. show, or short series. I think a movie or even a series of movies would blow. But a long series like Band of Brothers kinda thing... might be pretty rockin

that'd be a nightmare if they did any film adaptations. I spent a LONG period of time contemplating the possibilities, and my conclusion was that they'd never, no matter how hard they tried, find an actor that could live up to Roland's character. We'd all just be extremely disappointed at having an actor's face to put on his body, and it'd ruin it. The ONLY way it might work would be if they got Clint Eastwood to play the part, but even the master himself doesn't quite match the part.

... what an epic movie series that'd be, though. Of course there's the other issue of some of the graphic things King put in the series (like all his books), such as the demon rape scene, etc. that would either have to be cut or changed in some way (which would ruin it). The series really was made to be best in book form.
Im on the second book right now. This one is great so far, but I wasn't huge on the first. It was good but not great.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
that'd be a nightmare if they did any film adaptations. I spent a LONG period of time contemplating the possibilities, and my conclusion was that they'd never, no matter how hard they tried, find an actor that could live up to Roland's character. We'd all just be extremely disappointed at having an actor's face to put on his body, and it'd ruin it. The ONLY way it might work would be if they got Clint Eastwood to play the part, but even the master himself doesn't quite match the part.

... what an epic movie series that'd be, though. Of course there's the other issue of some of the graphic things King put in the series (like all his books), such as the demon rape scene, etc. that would either have to be cut or changed in some way (which would ruin it). The series really was made to be best in book form.
I think what you mean is "Clint Eastwood is too old".
Absolutely fantastic series, finished reading it over last summer. The ending fucking blew my mind lol, but it really couldn't have ended any other way, as it finally explains the death card from the reading Walter gave him near the end of the first book.

Also, a film adaptation would never be good enough to tell the entire series. Too much happens.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
I agree about the filmk adaptationm probably not going well, but like I said King gave his full support to the creator of Lost and The Fringe, and I know they've worked together before. Maybe if King had a close part in the production of it? I dunno, Im just saying that eventually something will be done, because everyone wants to make an extra buck, and hopefully when it does get made, they dont **** it up too bad
Band: When Earth Sleeps (myspace.com/whenearthsleeps)
Guitar: American Standard Strat HSS
Head: Line6 SpiderII HD75
Cab: Randal 4-12