I am never going to do this, but if it cheap enough, how much would it cost to get custom fret inlays (instead of dots, have like stars or diamonds). Also how much would it cost to do a custom paint job also.

Thanks
You haven't made it anywhere until they make an action figure of you.
As much as whoever does it charges you.
That's the best answer I can give...
Quote by Rezuya
As much as whoever does it charges you.
That's the best answer I can give...

that's pretty much it
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I guess it would depend on the type of job.
The inlay you mentioned would be stuff all for materials but it would take a lot of time. It may even warrant re-fretting the fingerboard. I would guess well over $200.
As to the paint job that would be more as you would be looking at stripping, prep, painting and rebuilding. I would guess at least $300.
Both are just wild guesses so call up a luthier and ask. I asked once about changing inlays and was just told "too much work right now, call again in six months".
200 for inlays is really lowball. As a simple refret costs that. Anything more than simple dots is going to be 600 or more. Warmoth gets 90 bucks for inlay but thats because they do it when the neck is made. If its a bolt neck would be cheaper probably to find a new neck with the inlays you want. And a decent paint single color paint job is yea around 300. Anything fancy like burst, binding, etc will escalate the cost pretty fast.