ok, so i've been playing a while now, but i realized i dont know which pickup is which selection on the switch (treble/rhythm) on my LP
could someone tell me so i dont feel so dumb?
and please dont flame me for being a dipshit
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

neck pickup is treble.
dont go screwing with the guy.^
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
wait, which one is it?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

i believe the rhythm is generally the neck pickup while the treble is the bridge. and dont worry about it, i used to think that the neck pickup was the bridge one and vice versa because someone on my strat copy installed pickup switch backwards lol.
I think... the more sharper trebley sound is the neck pickup, and the more mellowed tone is the neck pickup. I'm not familiar with LPs though.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
neck is the rythm. bridge is treble. thats how a normal guitar is made. of course peolple use the neck for leads too and the bridge for rythm, but the marks stayed for actual reference. i wonder why dont they write "neck" and "bridge"
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
When the switch is up, it's the neck pick-up, when it's down, it's the bridge pick-up.
ಠ_ಠ
^erm, backwards if I'm not mistaken. -edit-: to ldnovelo

The neck pickup gives more treble because the strings don't resonate as much as they do closer to the bridge. It's generally used for leads and single note runs.

The bridge pickup gives more bass and a louder tone, which is generally better for rhythm depending on the song and the application.

However, don't think of them in terms of "lead" and "rhythm". Each pickup simply gives a different tone, there's no law written in stone that says you have to use them for one or the other. Experement with your pickup selection bar and find the tones you like for a given song/riff. It's all valid, and it's all cool
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Sep 21, 2008,