Okay so i'm running with a marshall MG30DFX and basically my cable broke the other day (It stopped producing sound pretty much altogether, occasionally some static) and so I went a got a new cable.

NOW my amp is just a piece of shit. The clean drive is way too soft, i even put it on the reccomended settings from the amp booklet and the acoustics from the ****ing electric guitar are louder than the amp.

I throw it onto the distortion drive, and even with the gain MAXED out, the only strings it distorts are my bottom ones. It sounds like a piece of shit too, i don't know.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS AN AMP PROBLEM OR A CABLE PROBLEM? ANY HELP WOULD BE LOVELY.

the cable has a lifetime warranty so i don't give a shit, the amp is on a warranty too so I just need to know what I have to do to fix this problem i NEEEED TO PLAAY IM SOO BOREEDDD HELLPPP.

Thanks for reading I suck at typing.
sounds like ur tone knob is turned down. make sure the knobs on ur guitar are turned up.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
you can plug your cable into the amp and tap on the other end with your hand (or a block of wood if that adds comfort) and see if you can hear anything.

otherwise, what you are describing doesn't sound like a cable problem. use your warranties.
Your problem is that you're running an MG.

MG bashing aside...

Make sure the tone and volume knob on your guitar are turned up.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Well i feel like a ****ing moron, messed around with my tone knobs and it sounds a lot better now, thanks.l
Uhh i think something else is wrong actually. I'm using a les paul so it has that rythm/treble knob and whenever I put it on rythmn it becomes clean now wtf....
Quote by Twizzx
Uhh i think something else is wrong actually. I'm using a les paul so it has that rythm/treble knob and whenever I put it on rythmn it becomes clean now wtf....

The lower the volume on your pickup is, the cleaner the output will be, generally.
is the pickup switch loose? and have you been twisting it? i had that problem, and it lowered the output when i switched pickups sometimes, giving me a cleaner sound.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
All i know is when i put it in rythmn it plays clean as shit, if anyone has decent tone settings for distortion it would help, it seems like im getting decent distortion on the treble switch only on the bottom 3 strings and then everything past my D string is pretty clean.
Quote by Twizzx
Well i feel like a ****ing moron, messed around with my tone knobs and it sounds a lot better now, thanks.l

It's happened to the best of us.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
"Okay so i'm running with a marshall MG30DFX "
"NOW my amp is just a piece of shit."

Cwatididthar?

But yeah ive had the knob thing happen during a solo while I swithced back and forward between neck and bridge pickups i smudged the volume knob to about 5.
I Take my knobs off during live preformances now.