I have a Squier Strat that i want to sorta rebuild ie. New hardware, new finish and color, new pickups, and electronics, because i think this would be much more worth my time than selling it and getting like $20. Those of you who have done something like this before, is it worth it and what is the sorta of prices and costs in total do you think im looking at? if i did this i would do all the work except maybe the electronics part and maybe the paint if i want to get technical with the look of it. And how hard is it to get the name off of the headstock? I would preferably like to chnge it to H/H instead of S/S/S.
well first off it can be very costly, depends on pickups and parts, 2nd if u want it to be h/h ur gonna need to route the body, the name can be sanded off with a piece of sand paper, if this is ur first time do any of above mentioned things besides removing the name ur gonna really have to read up and watch videos so u know what ur doing.
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80
It is probably already routed HSH you just need to take off the pickguard to check.

Unless you really want to do this you would probably end up saving money by just buying a new guitar, but it's up to you man.
mim strats only have h/s/s routings so id have to guess squiers probly have the same
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80