Title says it all. I'm really GAS-ing for a Kramer with their LFR, and I'd like to know.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Since nobody has answered you question, I'll do my best to.
I don't know this first hand, just from what I've heard on other forums.
Now, the Kramer LFR is 'okay', but it's not going to be as steady as an OFR. I believe it's simular to the quality of the Jackson LFR's, which are pretty much a hit or miss. It's hard to actually judge without playing it first.
If you really want that guitar though, the routing for the floyd should be the same on the Kramer LFR as it would be for an OFR. Therefor, you should be able to put an OFR in it whenever you feel the need to. Don't take my word on this completely, because I know 50% of the time people do the swap, you'll notice your high 'e' about 1cm from where it should be on the edge of the neck.
So really, whatever you do, it's going to be a hit or miss. The whole thing is like a 50-50 chance of how it'll be. If you have the chance to play the guitar first, then I suggest doing so, so you can see for yourself.

If you do get it, and it seams as if it's not staying in tune, sometimes putting another spring in the back can solve the problem a little bit. The floyd will be a little sturdier, causing it to need more pressure when pulling either up or down, but losing tune will most likely not happen as often. If you put the extra spring in, I'd suggest taking a thin layer of foam and putting it underneith the springs to prevent any buzz or raddling you may get when using the floyd. I do this in all my floyded guitars and it works everytime.

Sorry if my answer wasn't exactly what you're looking for, but I'm just informing you with what I know. If you're curious about anything else, then I hope somebody else can chime in and give you a little extra help, hopefully somebody with more experience with these guitars and there LFR's.
if you're talking about the newer kramers, the floyd on mine still stays in tune pretty well, but it's very unresponsive (feels very similar to the jackson jt580lp in that respect). i'm not fussed to be honest. regarding swapping for an OFR, the OFR studs would be bigger, so that'd be worth bearing in mind...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that's all I wanted to know. thanks dave.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
just as another aside to that, the route in mine is very, very shallow. the trem sits up above the body almost like an unrecessed trem would (not as much, though). i suspect that's because mine came with the d-tuna, which means you need the trem tight against the surface for it to work properly, but it's worth bearing in mind. i'd probably need to do a neck shim to get a really low action higher up the fretboard...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?