Hey i need some help with pedals and stuff.
I want to get a tubescreamer, but is the extra 70 dollars worth it for the TS808? And whats a good fuzz pedal to get? I plan on selling my DS-2 and getting a more bluesy type setup. Also whats a good fender amp for preferably under 400? Thanks.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
You can get a blues jr for under 400 dollars. What kind of tones are you going for? Do you need cleans at gigging volumes? Do you need good overdrive/how much overdrive do you need?

An extra 70 bucks for an 808 is a rip, either mod a ts9 to 808 specs or build an 808 from general guitar gadgets.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Im going for a bluesy tone, and yeah good cleans would be nice.
EDIT: And i want a tube amp, and im a complete noob to modding but is it hard?
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Last edited by KennySG at Sep 21, 2008,
Quote by KennySG
Im going for a bluesy tone, and yeah good cleans would be nice.
EDIT: And i want a tube amp.

I meant, do you need cleans that will be loud enough to be heard over a drummer.

A BJ can keep up with a drummer, but your cleans won't really be clean, which may or may not be good for you.
yeah i want to be able to be heard over a drummer, but i dont think il be gigging anytime soon so id still like to see the blues jr, can you give me a link
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
just search guitarcenter.com or whatever site you want. Don't get the nos, it has a nice speaker, but for the price you can do better.
i did but i couldnt find anything ( I use musicians friend) , and what about a fuzz?
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
i know.. i ment whats a good one i should get
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Big Muff + Ts9 or Big Muff + Blues Driver would be awsome
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Is a Dallas arbiter fuzz face good for Hendrix - SRV type stuff?
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Good for hendrix, but srv was all about the TS808, he used two in fact. Find a used BJ and you should have enough left over to pick up a bad monkey and some kind of fuzz.
TS9 reissues are going for $100. I personally hate the mid-range hump. (don't play fender amps, so maybe that is why.)
I'd buy the el-cheapo Behringer clones to find your sound. Then buy the expensive stuff when you know what your after.
TS9 clone = TO100 $20
I have both a TS9 and the TO100. They sound the same. (unfortunately, I hate them both)
I really like the BO100. (blues over drive). It has the same grind as a TS9, without the midrange hump.
Anyone know what pedel this thing is supposed to be ripping off??
TS - Depending on where you live a Blues Jr can go for $275-325 used. A Keeley modd'd Blues Driver, or Maxon OD808... or both. (Damn GAS).
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.