im having this problem with guitar style. i want to start a band but i dont know what kind of band i should start because i like to play everything kind of music from disturbed to RHCP and dont know what kind of guitar i should get. when i start the band cuz i have a telecaster now and i want somthing else to fit that style

thx every1 for reading htis stupid post
Invent a new style.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
A thanks isn't enough give me back my 10 seconds.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Im guessing your just starting. A tele is kinda bright for metal but really it should b suitable for most genres. Most of the tone comes from your amp anyways.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
i would think being diverse like that would help in a band. most people dont agree 100% on music so i'm sure that you can use that to your advantage. got bits and pieces everywhere so you'll always have a clue on what could sound the best in original works...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Idk, Jim Root plays a custom Tele so it can be used for anything...

if you dont know... Jim Root is Slipknot/Stone Sour guitarist.
i wouldnt go into a forum asking what music your band should say, everyones just gonna post the music they like. the best bands are as good as they are because they play the music that they love, not because of a certain guitar they bought. a blues guitarist shouldnt pick up a shector and be like, "oh i should probably play metal with this."
you like everything from metal to rhcp..... try mixing stuff together, funk metal? try jamming with different people and you'll develop different musical chemistry with people, maybe coming up with your own unique sound for a band
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by joshua029
i would think being diverse like that would help in a band. most people dont agree 100% on music so i'm sure that you can use that to your advantage. got bits and pieces everywhere so you'll always have a clue on what could sound the best in original works...

Good advice.

You might wanna get a guitar that's a bit more of an "all-rounder." Maybe you could try HSS Strat or something.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by dragen_slair
Idk, Jim Root plays a custom Tele so it can be used for anything...

if you dont know... Jim Root is Slipknot/Stone Sour guitarist.

Yeah, but he's using EMGs. Regular Tele still aren't that great for it.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Decide what you'd be more happy playing with. I love metal, prog, hard rock, and such but I'm happier with an Alternative Rock band.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
no im not new to guitar its just ive always been like wtf do i want to do with my music. . being diverse is kind of hard somtimes. yea i know who jim root is. u guys were a great help.
i think im going to bring back the 90's any1 is invited to help me with this revolution to create the best music again