Hey guys, wanted to throw in a quick question. I bought a used Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 about 3 weeks ago to replace my shitty ass MG. However when I was bringing it home I realized that when I set it down I heard a strange metallic tinging/rattling. I heard It when I set it down right after I came it, and I heard it again after I set it down in my room. Then to top off my fears it wasn't starting up when I plugged it in. Me and my dad popped the back off and took a peek. Everything was fine and it's been playing fine after that. I know tubes have to warm up but i waited like 2 minutes and got nothing. So I would like to take this amp out every once and awhile but I'm afraid it might get ruined.. I think I'm just being really anal cause this is my first all tube and I love it. So I was just wondering if anyone could ease my fears.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Probably just the springs in the reverb tank rattling.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Probably just the springs in the reverb tank rattling.

Second that.

You wouldn't have gotten that in the MG since all the effects are digital... and shitty.

But the JCM series amps have spring reverbs in them and when you move the amp around, the spring can rattle against the unit.
Definetly the spring reverb, I have experienced the same thing. It will make a lot more noise if you move it while its amplified, too (but I don't really know why you'd do that).
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Like the other two said. It sounds like it's the reverb springs/tank rattling. My Palomino does that.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
But he said his amp wasn't working after it rattled...so why would that be the reverb tank?
Its the reverb. Ive had several amps do that.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by tona_107
But he said his amp wasn't working after it rattled...so why would that be the reverb tank?

he meant that he didn't hear the reverb rattling. he didn't say it was broken, but wants to avoid hearing that sound.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
he meant that he didn't hear the reverb rattling. he didn't say it was broken, but wants to avoid hearing that sound.

Ooh. Reading comprehension for the win.
Sorry about the late reply, Thanks for assuring me it was just the reverb, Well I'm not worried because methinks maybe it was a problem with my pedals. The wire that goes into the battery slot of my wah is broken. So blah blah blah its fine. I really did wanna know what the rattling was though So thanks a bunch!
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Good to hear, we hate to see a nice amp like that go down, glad to hear you're just being over cautious.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Or it could have just been taking a long time to warm up
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass