hey everyone, this is my first post here at UG.

thought i'd share with you some of my old GP songs i made, and i'd like some input on what you guys think of them, drums havent really been added but it still works without it for the time being.

i'd love some feedback, thanks!
Attachments:
Songs.zip
Last edited by Piano-Forte at Sep 21, 2008,
My god, you got some talent.
I seriously love your songs.
I tried playing them..But I couldn't, Although I played them for like 2 or 3 minutes.. So no wonder.. :p Like no practising.
Anyway, As I love Melodic Metal, I really LOVE your songs.

*claps*

Nice job
Icecoil: pretty cool, definitely needs the drums though to keep it interesting. I like the beginning melody, the one at bar 25 is nice too kinda sounds like the Chosen Pessimist. Good stuff.
Rise of the Fire Nation: More good melodies, it really needs some kind of climax like a solo or riff or something that stands out in it, it's pretty short too.
Searing Diamond: I likes the galloping riff played with the piano that's coool, the afterward melody has some kind of neat sound to it slightly folky I don't know, the rest is pretty standard sounding. Maybe instead of straight quarter notes for the outro melody mix it up with some eigths and triplets and whatever.
Tristram2: It's my favorite one besides the fact that it's not finished, the drum beat it really simple but effective. The crazy big sweeps on the string ensemble are sweet. Hi fives.

And thanks for the feedback on my song.
Nice melodies you got out there. Some reminded me somehow of old nintendo games especially rise of the fire nation. Nice and catchy riffs. Sounds good. You could try to make them sound tighter, althrough adding drums may just do it. Keep up the good work
your good at this man.
keep it up. just out of curiosity, are thoses sngs from your band?
kk im gonna respond to all my feedback in one post. cool.

Icecoil: pretty cool, definitely needs the drums though to keep it interesting. I like the beginning melody, the one at bar 25 is nice too kinda sounds like the Chosen Pessimist. Good stuff.
Rise of the Fire Nation: More good melodies, it really needs some kind of climax like a solo or riff or something that stands out in it, it's pretty short too.
Searing Diamond: I likes the galloping riff played with the piano that's coool, the afterward melody has some kind of neat sound to it slightly folky I don't know, the rest is pretty standard sounding. Maybe instead of straight quarter notes for the outro melody mix it up with some eigths and triplets and whatever.
Tristram2: It's my favorite one besides the fact that it's not finished, the drum beat it really simple but effective. The crazy big sweeps on the string ensemble are sweet. Hi fives.

And thanks for the feedback on my song.

i listened to chosen pessimist for the first time (awesome song) but naw, i wasnt channeling that, but i did see the similarity, i gotta add drums to all of them yeah, i just kinda despise that instrument, but oh well, ill probably end up getting by without them and letting a drummer improv it if i ever get a band going

on fire nation, it is incomplete, that part is when i sent it to my friend to write the guitar solo (he's better at guitar than me) but he's a lazy ass and never did, so the song's been stagnant since.

for diamond, (also incomplete) the rhythm parts were done by my friends (i made all these before i played guitar) ill look into to sprucing that up. i think that most music needs some boredom as to make the good parts sound better, and some people just like boring music *cough* slipknot *cough*

tristram i am actually amidst working on right now, i just got a group of guys together since my older friends left (finally, i've never been in a band except a sum 41 cover joke band i did for a school talent show, i was on drums... ... i hate drums...) but i dont know if it will work out, my friends are all pretty uncommitted or untalented.

thanks for the feedback

Nice melodies you got out there. Some reminded me somehow of old nintendo games especially rise of the fire nation. Nice and catchy riffs. Sounds good. You could try to make them sound tighter, althrough adding drums may just do it. Keep up the good work

yeah, my style is very much influenced by oldschool video game music, bodom, norther, and most of all the guilty gear soundtrack:

see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Ip0Uks2Ow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVsLt1JuPfg
(dont mind the videos, anime is dreadful, i know)

yeah, i added drums when something sounded too girly without them, but then again some of the greatest metal songs have girly melodies

i.e.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9AcG0glVu4
during the chorus.

your good at this man.
keep it up. just out of curiosity, are thoses sngs from your band?

naw, they're just little self written songs, i really want to play them in a band or my friends either bitch about them being "gay and powermetal" or they can't.

if you want to, i'd be honored, and would love to hear a recording.

thanks for all the feedback guys, appreciate it!