alright so i just saw the commercial and this has to be a joke. since when were there demons and shi t like that in max payne?
Quote by tonedeafidiot
Demons? Were you on drugs when you watched it?

^Probably a spliff or two before, yes.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
the max payne movie is real

and the game had weird shit in it like flash backs and demon like things..

there were nightmare levels and stuff
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
It probably has something to do with his nightmares. It's been a hell of a long time since I've played through the game.
yeah I couldn't remember the demons but it shows some weird lady too who
looks like she came out of a sci-fi movie. I am so confused right now.
yeah i was wondering that as well. i only played the second one so when i saw a massive angel in the trailer i was like wtf?
its relevant to his nightmares and stuff...and there were cultists in the game..and remember there is a new super crazy drug that was made in the max payne game...its the reason that druggie killed his family and partner
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Just watched the trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2jAEoBz6RY)

It looks hilarious! Random matrix style slow motion, flying mothmen or something...
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
lol i guess none of you have played the game... (by none i mean almost none)
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Quote by amazing FretMan

I haven't, but that cheesy trailer just sold me.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101

It looks hilarious! Random matrix style slow motion, flying mothmen or something...

Max Payne > Matrix

I loved the bullet time, and how you could do it on command.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpQ63HFMb28
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by amazing FretMan

I havent played the game in three years. I remember the cult but not the dreams

Edit: colgate that video was priceless
Last edited by ironman1478 at Sep 21, 2008,
Quote by ironman1478
I havent played the game in three years. I remember the cult but not the dreams

the dreams were a big part...like if he were to get knocked out or something he would end up at like for example his house..covered in blood...with stretchy hallways...and that rock-a-bye baby song playing to add spook affect..and random shit moving...yeah...

and the reason its even weirder is the super drug...
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
I hated the dream level where it was a black abyss and you had a tiny like, random(from my memory) path to walk on, and if you stepped off you had to start over. But that game was the sh¡t and the movie's already sold me
Quote by amazing FretMan
the dreams were a big part...like if he were to get knocked out or something he would end up at like for example his house..covered in blood...with stretchy hallways...and that rock-a-bye baby song playing to add spook affect..and random shit moving...yeah...

Oh man, the nightmare levels were such a trip to play through. It was freaky as hell trying to maneuver through the void with nothing to guide you but the cry of a baby and a trail of blood...
yeah that thin ass trail of blood...after like my 4th try i said screw it and started jumping huge gabs and like jumping across stuff i shouldnt try to jump haha

best game ever
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
I'd like to believe those flying things are just hallucinations/artistic styling (perhaps that end bit being the angel of death or whatever) but I did hear mentions of demons and the devil in that trailer... God I hope they dunnay ruin the atmosphere of that game.
If I'm not mistaken, the 'demons' are physicall representations of his inner demons. Yeah, in the game there were the nightmare levels and such.
There was a level in the game were the enemy was a satanist and owned a club call ragnarock so that could explain the "demons"
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
There was a level in the game were the enemy was a satanist and owned a club call ragnarock so that could explain the "demons"

Yeah but that guy was just a V-head mentalist, he didn't actually have any satanic powers.
Still could be part of when Max was drugged/KO'd and he was in the house or the police station, and IIRC the game was meant to be seen as dark; as suggested before it might just be his "inner demons"

Plus, Max Payne is the da
Quote by myself101

Well it was the first game to use bullet time as a dynamic, so that's Obvious Homage Of The Day (t.m.)
Aside from that? I refuse to turn to the dark arts of fanboyism and go 'wtf vy nvr hd demons in d game lolzors' - It'd be interesting to see how it'd work, essentially as the Game stories were film noir B-movies anyway. It should be fun to go with, although TBH, i'd rather a 3rd Max game than this. One thing is, I don't agree with Wahlberg as Max Payne - he just looks a bit toothless in this role. Mind you, I'd have Ron Pearlman, he's got the natural style & wit to pull it off.
EDIT:That's a point - Hopefully the Valkyr stuff (and max's dark side/Insanity) will be done well... In the game, Valkyr was a new drug, and its' an easier tie to throw in the Demonic that way.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
That game is absolutely badass, seriously. The film looks pretty cool. I wonder if they should have cast the same actor as who played Max in the second game though. He was lot 'grittier', y'know? Might have carried it off better, and since we're already associating him with the role..

Or Sam Lake could have done it, haha. Career change, like.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Max Payne is really one of my favorite games ever, it has a great storyline.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Theres a guy in my school called Joe Payne. I thought it was funny...
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
The scenes with the Angels/demons must a reference to the game where Horn injects Payne with Valkyr, the drug that started the whole mess.

Max Payne 1 & 2 are brilliant games.
The games are brilliant

The movie will suck King Kong balls though
Quote by happytimeharry
Oh man, the nightmare levels were such a trip to play through. It was freaky as hell trying to maneuver through the void with nothing to guide you but the cry of a baby and a trail of blood...

those bits proper shit me up.

the movie looks awesome tbh.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Remember the nightmares/flashbacks/dreams in the game?

those disturbed me

anywho the movie looks to be sucky, it has mark wahlberg but its not the departed
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
Quote by MadClownDisease
I'd like to believe those flying things are just hallucinations/artistic styling (perhaps that end bit being the angel of death or whatever) but I did hear mentions of demons and the devil in that trailer... God I hope they dunnay ruin the atmosphere of that game.

Valkyr is mentioned, so I'm sure that's essential to the demons and crap.
I think the whole movie is just him (Max) tripping balls and kicking ass while high.

What I'm worried about is how the lines are really cheesy.
With a good script, this movie could be excellent.
Doesn't seem that way though...
Marky Mark thinks this'll be his best role yet. Move over, Boogie Nights!
Wade in the water, child.
I thought Vlad was such a cool character, he was like a nice criminal, but he had proper style

And he was cool too, remember when he was pinned down by all thos gangsters and he was on the phone to Max to help him, and he was all like "yeah they've got me pinned down just...DIE YOU PIGS *BANG BANG BANG*...."

Cool...
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new