i have trouble understanding those thick Mancunian Manchester accents.... yeah im watching a documentary on oasis right now.... but do brits ever have trouble comprehending american accents--- im from like just north east part of us philadelphia/newyork area
I'm no Brit but really thick southern accents and Bostonian accents can be tough to decipher...
Those stupid American accents from Brooklyn or Boston get a bit hard to understand sometimes. The southern accents too.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
As long as you're not ordering a cheese steak "wit" I don't think that anyone will have a problem.

I'm a Philly burbs kid...
tally ho,mates!

First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
that's why I put the subtitles on the Oasis documentary when I watch it
Don't hate me, but in my opinion sometimes yank's accent is just plain obnoxious.
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
southern accents are hilarious but have that 'hardcore' sound, and are much easier to understand, and in my opinion, sound more intelligent than heavy british (EDITL and scottish) accents. Hard to believe but true.

Jersey, Phili, Boston accents = annoying as ****, and retarded sounding.
Quote by TaV0
Don't hate me, but in my opinion sometimes yank's accent is just plain obnoxious.

As as citizen and a US Marine I find it a bit offending that a Frenchman refers to us as "yanks". For the French I'd prefer saviors, or possibly liberators. Anyone else can call me a "yank".

Know why the streets of Paris are lined in trees?
So the Nazis can march in the shade.

but.... what do i know?
Quote by Vikingx
As as citizen and a US Marine I find it a bit offending that a Frenchman refers to us as "yanks". For the French I'd prefer saviors, or possibly liberators. Anyone else can call me a "yank".

but.... what do i know?

The term yanks only applies to people of Northeastern states above Virginia.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
You're definitely right about their accents. If I don't understand something I just rewind the interview. I usually find Noel easy to understand. It's Liam who's hard to understand sometimes, especially when he seems to be day-dreaming during the interview.

Dig Out Your Soul World Tour's gonna be mega!
Quote by Vikingx

but.... what do i know?

lol, i think you may have inadvertently proved his point about obnoxiousness.

anyway, no i dont find it hard to understand the US accent. But like you, I do have trouble understanding northern accents in the UK sometimes too, and im British!
Sorry Vikingx if I offend you with my post, actually that was not my aim. And as a matter of fact I live in France but I'm not French, I'm a mix between Brits, Spanish and Lebanese.
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
Quote by Supertait
lol, i think you may have inadvertently proved his point about obnoxiousness.

Twas my point ol' chap...
Manc accents are easy, I love the Lancashire/Yorkshire accents myself.

Hispanic Americans are sometimes hard to understand, and New York/Boston accents (although awesome) get me.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Vikingx

but.... what do i know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQEcMTSgg5w
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Vikingx

So they can add some greenery to such a shitty place.

but.... what do i know?

Fixed.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by TaV0
Sorry Vikingx if I offend you with my post, actually that was not my aim. And as a matter of fact I live in France but I'm not French, I'm a mix between Brits, Spanish and Lebanese.

No offense taken bud... I've been looking for an excuse to use that Nazi joke for quite a few years now. Nothing person. I've been to France and had a great time.
Quote by Vikingx
No offense taken bud... I've been looking for an excuse to use that Nazi joke for quite a few years now. Nothing person. I've been to France and had a great time.

You liberator comment reminded me of something. It's quite old, but have you ever typed in 'French military victories' into Google and hit 'I'm Feeling Lucky'?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
You Europeans can't just go around calling every American you see a yank. In some parts of this country, calling people a yank or a yankee can get you shot.

EDIT^^ That is some funny shit.

I love google
brits rock
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon