Hey dudes.
I'm running an Epi LP Custom through a line 6 spider III 15 watt and by hell I am sick of it. I had a Metal Muff ordered in and through a digital amp it completely raped the tone it was meant to have. So I have decided it is high time I got a new amp. I play thrash metal, although do play a lot other stuff such as Alt, Rock and Avant Garde. So I am looking for a pretty flexible amp that I can beefen up with the Muff when I want to play Metal. Preferably Tube, not too fussed if it is a Combo or Stack. I only play in my room atm but I'm not far off gigging. My range is up to about $800 AU, which is about $650 american.

I have been reading up and have heard a lot of good things about the Crate V18, although they are pretty expensive and hard to get, and I am looking to spend as little as possible. Have also been very interested in the Orange Tiny Terror.

But I really need some help finding the perfect amp.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Tiny Terror is a great choice
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
When I had the Metal Muff, it sounded bad no matter what amp it was hooked up to. I see alot of people using it, and I don't see what the big deal it about them. I'd much rather put my money towards a better amp, or an OD to boost the better amp.

Anyways, if you're in Australia, check out the BMusic forum, they always have plenty to choose from.
a roland amp 4got wut its called but they say it sounds good on a epi and a gibson
beer doesnt make you fat it makes you lean...... on tables,chairs,walls,and ugly people!
Quote by mcrfobtai
I would look into a Bugera 333xl. Not quite as high gain as the others and I believe it has some nice cleans too

forgot all about them. Bugera's are pretty kick-ass.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by caraluzzo
When I had the Metal Muff, it sounded bad no matter what amp it was hooked up to. I see alot of people using it, and I don't see what the big deal it about them. I'd much rather put my money towards a better amp, or an OD to boost the better amp.

Anyways, if you're in Australia, check out the BMusic forum, they always have plenty to choose from.

Where can I find these forums?
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Quote by classicrocker01
forgot all about them. Bugera's are pretty kick-ass.

Actually, I'm not sure that they sell them in Australia. Shit.
Could you find a used mesa f-30 down there?
Didn't see a 333XL though...
And that 6262 is a bit outside of budget.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by zacharydak
Where can I find these forums?

I think it's just bmusic.com or something. I'm registered over there, and the whole site is based in Australia, with mostly australian members.
I would pass on Bugera's too btw.
Please, what ever you do, don't buy a crate.
I've never had good experience with them.
All they do is crunch, and they have a really obnoxious distortion tone no matter what you do.
Please don't buy the crate, for the sake of your tone.
Orange is so much better.
So from the sounds of it Tiny Terror is the way to go?
Quote by IROBOTInferno
randall rg50t or becuase you have a metal muff laney lc 30
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
If you're set on buying new,

https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=6161 with a OD pedal,
https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=533
are probably your safest and best bets.

Hope I could be of help.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales