Okay, so I'll be replacing my neck pickup soon with a DiMarzio HS-2 I believe (for my American Strat). I'll be buying it from Long & McQuade, but the problem is that I don't want to leave my guitar there for a week or so (just got it back not too long ago, don't want this to happen again). So, I wonder...

Would it be a safe idea to take my guitar to school to the woodshop class? They have multiple soldering irons there, and I'm thinking I could do it there, or get someone who knows what they're doing to do it for me. I would do it myself, but I need a guide so anyone who has one - if you could link it to me, I'd appreciate it.

Does this seem safe, or should I just keep it at L&M for however long it'll take?
soldering is easy shit, take it to mister brisson, he has a ton of soldering irons he would probably let you use, and he knows alot about it.
Soldering is easy, just make sure you have a wiring diagram so you know what your doing, theres plenty of soldering videos if you just google it
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Goat Fish
soldering is easy shit, take it to mister brisson, he has a ton of soldering irons he would probably let you use, and he knows alot about it.

Oh Brisson, he should do the trick. I think I will go to him.
Soldering is easy

Wireing a strat is even easier.

In 1 hour I went from stock MIM strat to a respectable guitar with GFS 70's Greybottom Overwounds.
Quote by eurotrashed
Soldering is easy

Wireing a strat is even easier.

In 1 hour I went from stock MIM strat to a respectable guitar with GFS 70's Greybottom Overwounds.

Hmmm, and I thought this would be hard. Say if I did manage to screw up somehow, how easy could I fix my mistake?
I really don't know how you can screw it up. If you are just doing the neck pickup. You unsolder the wire on the 5-way and then unsolder the ground from the back of the volume pot and remove it. Then reverse the process
Quote by eurotrashed
I really don't know how you can screw it up. If you are just doing the neck pickup. You unsolder the wire on the 5-way and then unsolder the ground from the back of the volume pot and remove it. Then reverse the process

Yeah that does seem very easy...

And while I'm at it, I'll shield my guitar.

Do guitar shops usually carry the necessary foil to shield with?