I need a 6 string electric guitar (tens prefereably). What are the best quality strings out there that i could get at guitarcenter. if it helps i play hard rock. I really am focusing on how long they last too. I can never tell what strings are best because when I put on a new brand they always sound better than what ive been using because my ears compare them to the month old strings I was just playing.
Last edited by guitar1212god at Sep 21, 2008,
its all preference. there's like a dozen or so brands you can get for under $10. i personally use d'addario strings which cost something like 4 bucks.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
DR stings are the best. Some people say they feel weird but if you can get over that they're the longest lasting and the best sounding.
I'm an Ernie Ball ex-d'Addario man, its all preference. Start trying new brands. Most packs cost between 3 and 6 bucks.

EDIT:

Quote by Toker420
DR stings are the best. Some people say they feel weird but if you can get over that they're the longest lasting and the best sounding.

I was a DR man before I was a D'addario, and now I cannot stand the sound of them. Its nasty to me now. Like I said, all preference,
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Most are around 4 bucks per pack. I love ernie ball, but they dont last long. I dont prefer d'addario, but they last much longer i believe.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Most are around 4 bucks per pack. I love ernie ball, but they dont last long. I dont prefer d'addario, but they last much longer i believe.

Really? My Ernie Balls last about three weeks, which is was about how long my D'addario's lasted.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I like ernies.

Some ppl like DRs. Some like D'Addarios.
It's all personal preference. For $10, you could buy any brand out there pretty much. Except maybe elixers.
Quote by Toker420

DR's are in no way, the longest lasting strings.
because any more is to ridiculous for strings i don't need that terribly and i know i can get a great pair for under 10
Pretty new, but have tried out several strings so far. Still haven't decided myself, but they are pretty cheap after all. So far, I like...

D'Addarios I like so far, very easy to play
Boomers

A little scarce, but a friend of mine swears by them, ESP S.I.T. strings, if you are looking for something a little different.

The ones I hate so far are the Fender strings, especially the Bullets, which seemed to cut into my fingers.
ernie ball...they rock..i use the hybrids
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Well, if you decide to spend a few more then $10, pick up a pack of Elixir AR Nanowebs. They'll last longer then DR's, Ernie Balls and D'Addarios.
GHS Boomers 10s are my choice and all strings are under $10. They cost like $4-$6 a set usually. Unless you maybe live in a part of the world where they rape you on the prices.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I prefer Ernie Ball Superslinky's, but they're 9's, not 10's. I have not broken a string since I switched to Superslinky's about 4 months ago. come to think of it, I don't think I've changed the strings on my Starcaster since then. I normally changes strings when one breaks, but I haven't broken my balls yet.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia