I am buying a new amp, and have heard good things about Vox and Marshall. I want to play Alternative, Punk, and Pop/Punk music, with a tone similar to that of bands like Paramore, Green Day, and My Chemical Romance

These are the amps that were suggested to me:

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w 1x10 Guitar Combo Amp:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30w-1x10-Guitar-Combo-Amp-102640802-i1145735.gc

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT-50w-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-102806882-i1145847.gc

Marshall MG30DFX Combo:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG30DFX-Combo-101704088-i1145938.gc

Marshall MG50DFX Combo Amp:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG50DFX-Combo-Amp-101737815-i1145939.gc

So yes. Those four. I was just curious on what people thought about these amps, and/or if they had any sugegstions for another amp. Also, I'm not quite sure what the difference is between a "tube" amp and a "regular" amp, and how it would affect my tone. Thanks!
MG=no no.

The Vox will cut it, but there are better choices.

Pricerange?
well your going to get a lot of flames for the MG.
the valvetronix would definately be the superior choice. but, if you give us a price range we could recommend the best amp.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Well, I'd like to not go over $700 to $800 dollars, but if there's a fabulous $900 amp that I absolutely must have then I can make an exception.

As for the guitars I might use, there are two different Michael Kelly Patriots, an Epiphone LP Standard and LP Custom, a Fender Fat Strat, and a Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe. In case anyone needed to know that too.
Ahh, well in that price range you could afford a very nice used tube or something of the like. I'm not too knowledgeable about tubes though, although im sure there are others who can recommend some
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Hmm...

Used Mesa Boogie MKIII and then find a good cab? That would put you around a grand for a professional grade setup.

A Peavey Windsor will work, as well.

For lower wattage, an Orange Tiny Terror.
Thanks. I'll check them out. Yeah. I've good things about MEsa Cabs, though I think they're a bit big for what I want. The biggest I'd currently go is just a 100w amp, and that is pushign it. And what's the big difference between a "regular" amp and a "tube" amp? How are they different in sound and such?
searchbar

www.wearewerebear.com
^What are your planned usages?

Also, 'regular' isn't a term used to describe amps. There are 3 types: Tube/Valve, Solid State/Transistor, and Hybrids that mix the two. It refers to the method of amplification.

The biggest difference tonally is the way they distort the signal. Transistors have hard clipping, tubes have soft clipping. Soft clipping is often more desirable for most typical/traditional applications, i.e. blues, rock, classic/vintage sounds. Hard clipping is suitable for metal.

The cleans of two high-end amp of either method are comparable, as are the high-gain tones. It's the inbetween that makes tube amps more desirable.
^ Ah thank you. Clearly I am not guitar amplifier savvy. So which type of the three types of amps would you recommend for the type of tone I'm searching for, stated above.

As for usage, I assume you means gigs. Well, I'm not quite sure the "biggest" room I'll be playing in, but probably nothing larger than a large coffee house, at least for now. Not to mention my friends has a killer PA system which I could mic to the amplifier. Basically, I'm just trying to find a good "step-up" from my little Fender 15G.
^Tiny Terror. It will suit you well.
I've read about the tiny terror. But it seems . . . small-ish?
15 watts tube is more than enough for what you need.
Well, right now I've got people telling me Vox, Marshall, and Orange Tiny Terror. I've planned on heading down to guitar center for a few hours to play some guitars, amps, and pedals I'm considering, so I'll try those three out and get back to you all! Feel free to post comments or further suggestions! And thanks for putting up with all of my questions!
Quote by Raxef
I've read about the tiny terror. But it seems . . . small-ish?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-PHqs4zBAc
Just wait for the TT test at stage volume...it' should just about do for you
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^That's a pretty good deal on that Ampeg.

GREAT sounding amps.