So, do any of you have this or have any of you heard of this before?

For those who don't know, it's basically where blood vessls don't work properly, and so parts of the body, such as arms, legs, fingers, etc are discoloured, and usually purple, like the person is constantly freezing.

I have seen a doctor for this, and I am waiting for blood test reults, but I'm just wondering if anyone else on the Pit has this, or even knows what it is.
An ex-girlfriend of mine had a symptom where her blood vessels did not form right during early development. They were misaligned, so her feet and hands were constantly cold as ice. It affected her blood flow and a bunch of other things. I don't know if it is the same thing but that is as close to an experience with that as I have gotten.
Quote by brandon369852
Will you die?

No, I won't die from it. And to Holy Katana, I have freakishly cold hands constantly too. One of my legs almost constantly has an orange mark on it too, it's kinda freaky.
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
I have Raynaud's disease. It's poor circulation and your skin color changes according to how hot or cold the affected extremities are.

Yeah, it sucks. I still have to wear jumpers/warm clothing a lot, even though it's not cold. Otherwise I look like I'm freezing, and peoples commennts are just too annoying.

EDIT: Also, VIRUSDETECTED, what kind of body type do you have? As in are you skinny, fat, average etc.

Mine is too skinny, which I read could be partially effecting this.
Last edited by Frewak at Sep 22, 2008,
my hands and feet are always colder than everyone else's, and my hands also go purple more noticably than other peoples i think...
Quote by Frewak
Yeah, it sucks. I still have to wear jumpers/warm clothing a lot, even though it's not cold. Otherwise I look like I'm freezing, and peoples commennts are just too annoying.

EDIT: Also, VIRUSDETECTED, what kind of body type do you have? As in are you skinny, fat, average etc.

How do you survive in Summer? And you should exploit this disease by making people feel sorry for you, not cover it up!
i don't understand your use of "symptom". I believe you meant syndrome (or disease or....my personal favorite: Phenomenon. o0o0o)

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by Frewak

Ridiculously skinny, and I also have very thin skin. People don't get why I complain about the winter.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
i don't understand your use of "symptom". I believe you meant syndrome (or disease or....my personal favorite: Phenomenon. o0o0o)

I've heard it called all of the ones you said and symptom as well, but whatever.

To Abunai X, I don't need a jumper in Summer, my skin goes really red and hot there instead of cold and purple =[. Both suck.

VIRUSDETECTED, ridiculously skinny, not too surprising, and people don't get why I complain about the cold either, and the ones who do tell me to gain weight, which I need to, but I can't. I'm 180cm and 57kgs (I don't know in feet and inches or pounds, sorry to people who use them).
Quote by Frewak
I've heard it called all of the ones you said and symptom as well, but whatever.

To Abunai X, I don't need a jumper in Summer, my skin goes really red and hot there instead of cold and purple =[. Both suck.

VIRUSDETECTED, ridiculously skinny, not too surprising, and people don't get why I complain about the cold either, and the ones who do tell me to gain weight, which I need to, but I can't. I'm 180cm and 57kgs (I don't know in feet and inches or pounds, sorry to people who use them).

Average height and a little underweight?

Swhat I am.

But yeah, there is something called Raynaud's Symptom, but that occurs temporarily after a disease or surgery or something.

If you have either the best thing to do is exercise for an hour a day and wear gloves when it gets below 60 degrees F.
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
Average height and a little underweight?

Swhat I am.

But yeah, there is something called Raynaud's Symptom, but that occurs temporarily after a disease or surgery or something.

If you have either the best thing to do is exercise for an hour a day and wear gloves when it gets below 60 degrees F.

Oh, well I did mean syndrome then, my mistake, but whatever, people should get it anyway. Also, how old are you, and do you have pale skin? Or at least paler than most people.
Quote by Frewak
Oh, well I did mean syndrome then, my mistake, but whatever, people should get it anyway. Also, how old are you, and do you have pale skin? Or at least paler than most people.

15 and yes I do. I'm almost a ghost in the winter.