I am looking to sell all of my gear and buy a new guitar. My best guitar currently is a Schecter Hellraiser and I want to upgrade to a guitar that is just so fantastic I can pass it down to my child some day (i am 19 now). Anyways to be honest I think the Hellraiser is an amazing guitar, but it just isnt a show piece. I guess my range would be between 1,000 and 3,000 what features should I be looking for in a guitar (wood types etc...) to make sure I am getting my moneys worth.

I am a Fender man over Gibson, but I have never had a les paul style guitar. Anyways pass some recommendations or advice along to me :-).
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Well strats and les pauls are generally the "vintage" type of guitars, ones which you hang up on a wall or something. So one of those I guess.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
If you're willing to shell out $3000, maybe you should hit up the custom shop (though I hear Fender and Gibson's custom models are really expensive)...

Noo, I shouldn't say it.... screw it - how about an EJ model Strat?

Excuse my fanboy syndrome.
I would get somethiing classic, an SG, or a ES-335
Last edited by l0rd0ct0d0rk at Sep 22, 2008,
Mountain I was lookin at that 52 hot rod tele... do you have one by chance?
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
If you're willing to shell out $3000, maybe you should hit up the custom shop (though I hear Fender and Gibson's custom models are really expensive)...

Noo, I shouldn't say it.... screw it - how about an EJ model Strat?

Excuse my fanboy syndrome.

Yeah, a carvin custom shop would likely be under $2000 (depending on specifications, of course) and is a "one of a kind!"

If not that, i'd recommend a high end "Standard" guitar, like a Made in America Fender Standard Strat...

Then modify it to your complete liking...

Also, XxGibsonSGxX, I noticed that you are from Peterborough, I just started my first year at Trent!

If you have any friends who are in the market for a Vox AD30VT, the Vox Valvetronix modelling amp... I'm got one that I'm willing to sell for pretty much any price or trades...

The amp is in perfect condition, I'm just looking to upgrade.