ive been lookin to learn some fast soloing techniques and im kind of a beginer. anyone know any good ones?
uhh

if you're a beginner, just keep practicing everything in general, scales, switching chords, even sweeping if you think you can tackle it

the best way of 'learning' fast 'techniques' is to practice the basic ones until you can rock them at a solid, fast tempo
lol
sweep picking arpeggios always comes in handy

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
well no ones answered since there really isn't anything such as "techniques for playing fast" its not like "oh here you do this and magically you can play twice as fast as before"

speed is a byproduct of accuracy. how about you work on playing cleanly and accurately and let the speed come to you when you're ready for it.
Quote by z4twenny
speed is a byproduct of accuracy. how about you work on playing cleanly and accurately and let the speed come to you when you're ready for it.

+1

....alternate picking is good to learn too
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Last edited by Rocketface2112 at Sep 22, 2008,
thanks. yeah im real impatient. so just keep practicing what i know like arpeggio and scales and sweeping? and do you know any improvisation technique?
Quote by z4twenny
^ did you just choose to not read my post because its not what you wanted to hear?

haha of course not i just forgot to refresh.
ok, well then just practice alot. anything done fast, is first done slow and refined and "perfected" and after awhile you get used to it and it gets easier to do it quicker. don't rush it. if you do you'll end up sounding sloppy. and nobody likes listening to a sloppy guitarist.
thanks. yeah i was sorta doing that but focusing more on learning all the techniques i could than refining and perfectoing the ones i know. ill work on it.
Quote by hippyshredder
thanks. yeah i was sorta doing that but focusing more on learning all the techniques i could than refining and perfectoing the ones i know. ill work on it.

that's the wrong way to go at it - you just end up being able to play a load of stuff badly, far better to only learn one thing at a time and at least be able to do it well.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by z4twenny
there really isn't anything such as "techniques for playing fast"

Rubbish.
Quote by hippyshredder
ive been lookin to learn some fast soloing techniques and im kind of a beginer. anyone know any good ones?

To get straight tot the point, there are techniques for playing fast. You need to put a lot of work in on your part however.

1. Legato

2. Speed picking (alternate)

3. Tapping (probably the easiest way to sound fast without really having to do too much work, since you're of the impatient type)

4. Sweeping

If you wanna play fast, you're gonna have to sit down and develop an effective practice regime with the above techniques - USE A METRONOME.

I don't want to put a dampener on things, but it'll take months....depending on how fast you wanna get....and how many hours you put in a day.
Last edited by mdc at Sep 22, 2008,
Firstly, DO NOT bump your ****ing threads. Three posts in seven minutes to start things off? This is not a chat room, and somebody will respond if you just wait your turn. There's impatient and then there's aggravating, and you at this point fall under the latter.
Quote by mdc
Rubbish.

No, he's quite right. There's not one technique on the guitar that is exclusively used for playing quickly, and "fast" is subjective anyway. As was mentioned previously, speed is a byproduct of accuracy, and if you want to play fast you shouldn't approach this looking for fast technique. You need to strive for good technique so that eventually you'll be able to play at the speeds you'd like.

The keys are consistent practice on your skills; work on every minute detail of what you're doing. Practice slowly and make sure you're completely accurate in your motions, and gradually you will get faster.
Hippy, bump like this again and you can have a warning for it. Forum, not chatroom - and please look around, theres a lot of info already around on "fast solo techniques" - pretty much the entire advanced technique forum.
Check out the Rock Discipline video lesson by John Petrucci. The entire video is on youtube if you don't wanna buy it. Although i recommend you to buy it to get the most of it.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS