This is a dark day for baseball fans nationwide, regardless of team affiliation, for today saw the last game ever to be played at the venerable Yankee Stadium.

Constructed in 1923, The House That Ruth Built has been home to the most storied franchise in sports history. Some of the most important moments in baseball history -- from Don Larsen's perfect World Series game in 1956 to the careers of Joe Dimaggio, Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, and more -- have occurred on this hallowed ground.

And this shrine is being destroyed to make way for a new, more luxurious stadium. History and tradition are being replaced with luxury boxes and outfield steakhouses. Heart is being supplanted by commerce.

And so, from a devoted fan of the Boston Red Sox but more importantly a lover of the Game of Baseball, let us join together to mourn the loss of a piece of our history...a piece of our soul.

God bless you, Yankee Stadium.
Can't stop the signal.
Booo!!

I agree with the guy below me though.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
God i hate to see this happen its a damn shame. it should be recognized as an american monument
I didn't watch the game.

In fact,I had no idea they were going to knock down the place.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
*Raises champagne glass*

*Carries on with surfing filthy websites*
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I watched it all. I'm so pleased with how everything went.

Bernie Williams is amazing. They all are. It's so fitting that it ended with Mariano Rivera finishing the game.

To the house that Ruth built, I bid thee a fond farewell.

it is a shame kinda, i hate the yankees but there's so much history there. i dread the day that wrigley gets demolished.
RIP Yankee Stadium.

And this is from a Royals fan! I've got bad blood for the Yankees for stuff that happened before I was born!

This is why I love my Royals though. Kauffman Stadium in KC is old and probably should be replaced, as well as its sports complex brother Arrowhead Stadium, home of the Chiefs. But instead of tearing down the stadiums and building new, state-of-the-art stadiums, they are being refurbished and improved rather than modified like Yankee Stadium was in the 70's, thus destroying part of the history.

I hate when teams move out of historic landmark stadiums just so they can move to a more fan-friendly stadium that will give them more luxury boxes. I hate those because the people in luxury boxes for the most part are stuck up business people who don't get into the game. I want Tiger Stadium, Cominske Park, and the old Busch Stadium back! Baseball is an old school game with more history than the United States has, and because of that I think it should be played in old school stadiums with as much history as the game. It's a crying shame what sports have come to now. There is no love for the game, only love for what the game gives the owners: money.

EDIT: I would also like to raise my glass to the Red Sox and Cubs and hope that they don't buy into the idea of a new stadium. Keep Fenway and Wrigley! They're the only truely historical stadiums baseball has left!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Sep 22, 2008,
It's a disgrace that they're knocking it down. I'm a Mets fan, but it's really a loss to American culture almost. Yankee Stadium had so much history behind it that transcends the game.
Oh boo ****ing hoo stop being so dramatic. Yes it's historic yes it's a shame but that stadium was so uncomfortable and cramped and outdated.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
I didn't watch the game.

In fact,I had no idea they were going to knock down the place.

+1
Quote by Ace88
Oh boo ****ing hoo stop being so dramatic. Yes it's historic yes it's a shame but that stadium was so uncomfortable and cramped and outdated.

Oh boo ****ing hoo to you buddy. Going to a game is about just that. The GAME. It's about hanging out with your friends while watching your favorite team play baseball. It's not about steakhouses and luxury boxes and build-a-bears for the munchkins like a lot of people seem to think.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
As a Red Sox fan, I still admit it's a shame. It's one of the great sporting monuments in the world.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by search49
This is a dark day for baseball fans nationwide, regardless of team affiliation, for today saw the last game ever to be played at the venerable Yankee Stadium.

Constructed in 1923, The House That Ruth Built has been home to the most storied franchise in sports history. Some of the most important moments in baseball history -- from Don Larsen's perfect World Series game in 1956 to the careers of Joe Dimaggio, Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, and more -- have occurred on this hallowed ground.

And this shrine is being destroyed to make way for a new, more luxurious stadium. History and tradition are being replaced with luxury boxes and outfield steakhouses. Heart is being supplanted by commerce.

And so, from a devoted fan of the Boston Red Sox but more importantly a lover of the Game of Baseball, let us join together to mourn the loss of a piece of our history...a piece of our soul.

God bless you, Yankee Stadium.

Yea and an article i read said steinbrenner was watchin the game on tv in florida probably cause he knows he would get his ass kicked for being stupid enough to knock down the stadium and another thing that pisses me off is the whole yankee red sox "fued" the only people feuding are the drunks brawling during the moment of silence with the 7th inning stretch!! people getting ganged up on or what have ya over a baseball team! i just hate that shit! ya dont see the guys on the field taking swings at each other what the ****?!manny back when he was on the sox even i was sad he got traded but ya look down hes standin their having a laugh down at second base.. ya look up you got morons in the stands fighting each other cause they like a different team? come on.....
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
Quote by Natrone
RIP Yankee Stadium.

And this is from a Royals fan! I've got bad blood for the Yankees for stuff that happened before I was born!

This is why I love my Royals though. Kauffman Stadium in KC is old and probably should be replaced, as well as its sports complex brother Arrowhead Stadium, home of the Chiefs. But instead of tearing down the stadiums and building new, state-of-the-art stadiums, they are being refurbished and improved rather than modified like Yankee Stadium was in the 70's, thus destroying part of the history.

I hate when teams move out of historic landmark stadiums just so they can move to a more fan-friendly stadium that will give them more luxury boxes. I hate those because the people in luxury boxes for the most part are stuck up business people who don't get into the game. I want Tiger Stadium, Cominske Park, and the old Busch Stadium back! Baseball is an old school game with more history than the United States has, and because of that I think it should be played in old school stadiums with as much history as the game. It's a crying shame what sports have come to now. There is no love for the game, only love for what the game gives the owners: money.

EDIT: I would also like to raise my glass to the Red Sox and Cubs and hope that they don't buy into the idea of a new stadium. Keep Fenway and Wrigley! They're the only truely historical stadiums baseball has left!

+100000000000000 bro
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
Quote by DopeDanny
Yea and an article i read said steinbrenner was watchin the game on tv in florida probably cause he knows he would get his ass kicked for being stupid enough to knock down the stadium and another thing that pisses me off is the whole yankee red sox "fued" the only people feuding are the drunks brawling during the moment of silence with the 7th inning stretch!! people getting ganged up on or what have ya over a baseball team! i just hate that shit! ya dont see the guys on the field taking swings at each other what the ****?!manny back when he was on the sox even i was sad he got traded but ya look down hes standin their having a laugh down at second base.. ya look up you got morons in the stands fighting each other cause they like a different team? come on.....

Lol agreed. I think a healthy hatred is ok though, because there is a lot of history between the teams and a lot of screwing-over. That is why there is bad blood with Royals fans like me toward Yankees fans because there was pure hate between even the PLAYERS in the 70's and 80's. You just don't find that raw passion and emotion in baseball much anymore. That's why everyone has turned to football...its a shame.

Which is kinda funny because Yankees fans stopped caring about the Royals as soon as we started to suck again, but back in the day we were bigger rivals to them than the Red Sox were
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Sep 22, 2008,
Oh boo ****ing hoo to you buddy. Going to a game is about just that. The GAME. It's about hanging out with your friends while watching your favorite team play baseball. It's not about steakhouses and luxury boxes and build-a-bears for the munchkins like a lot of people seem to think.

So a newer, far superior stadium takes away from "the game"? This might sound absurd but you can still watch the ****ing baseball game! Insane, huh? Get over yourself and accept it. It's called human progression. You spoiled ****s should be happy you're getting a better stadium.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Ace88
So a newer, far superior stadium takes away from "the game"? This might sound absurd but you can still watch the ****ing baseball game! Insane, huh? Get over yourself and accept it. It's called human progression. You spoiled ****s should be happy you're getting a better stadium.

Ok, I'm not even a Yankees fan. I don't mean to flame, sorry. I'm just trying to get across the fact that the most historical stadium in American sports is being destroyed for wider concourses and steakhouses in the outfield, even though the stadium is, admittedly, a mere shadow of it's original self.

To give you an idea, I've been to games at both the old and new Busch Stadiums in St. Louis. The old stadium had an intimate feel to it. There wasn't anything but you, your friends, and the game. And you could actually watch the game even from the worst seats in the stadium. New Busch, I sat in the nosebleeds again. They were so far away from the game you couldn't see what was happening on the field. Everything felt too spread out, and the game was impossibly to follow. This is what happens when a franchise tries to move to a new stadium and make it "more fan friendly." It becomes less fan friendly.

This of course is only my opinion, an opinion from a fan of the game who loves the history of it.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
America is over-corporatised, business corruption, etc etc.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Aw crap, that was today? I knew they were tearing it down and I had planned on watching the final game. I'm not a Yankees fan either but it's a shame they're tearing it down.
I'm a Mets fan, but it's still a shame to see Yankee Stadium disappear after 85 years

I was there twice, and I must say it's the nicest stadium I've ever been to. It has so much history, that you can't even try to discribe it. I just hope that the new Yankee Stadium will be nice as well, and that it will become as legendary as the old one.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Ranger Stadium has been Ameriquest Field for a few years now. No one in the state of Texas give a crap, though, since

1. Rangers suck
2. No one cares about baseball in the state of Texas
3. Rangers suck. Seriously, I saw a local Minor League team play that I would bet huge amounts of money could CREAM the Rangers.