Page 1 of 2
So I just quit my job after about a month. I started at McDonald's about a month ago, and was pretty happy with it at first. After about a day, I realized that I was the only person there who didn't speak spanish. I was the only white person working there and was reffered to as 'wedo' meaning white boy in spanish. My manager was bitching at me all day to go faster, when I was moving about as fast as I could. Then I get a phone call from my brother-in-law, walk out a little bit to take it and get shit for that(in spanish) and sent on break. I ate the free food, left and am never returning again. I just felt that the general populace of the pit needed to know that I am once again happily unemployed.
Would you die for Dethklok? I know I would. PM me... If you've got the balls.
wedo.
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
Why was everybody there Spanish?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
yeah, you can do better than rotten ronnies
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by myself101

Because it's the only work they can get.

/racist
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by myself101

Worse. Straight from the border Mexicans.

EDIT: ^^I'm going to sell drugs, and push grocery baskets at HEB. I'll make about twice the money.
well honestly what did you expect its mcdonalds I dont think I know a single person thats says they actually like working there
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
sue them for racism...that you felt offended by being called white boy instead of by your name. That it caused irreversable damage to your psyche.
Quote by jake911
you should have tried to talk like scarface.

I actually spoke about half the time with a fake mexican accent. They understand you better that way. "No, No, let me hhesplain someting to joo. este one hamberguesa with NO onions. NUNCA SUELOS!" as opposed to "That guys burger was supposed to have no onions."
Quote by Vigilantius
So I just quit my job after about a month. I started at McDonald's about a month ago, and was pretty happy with it at first. After about a day, I realized that I was the only person there who didn't speak spanish. I was the only white person working there and was reffered to as 'wedo' meaning white boy in spanish. My manager was bitching at me all day to go faster, when I was moving about as fast as I could. Then I get a phone call from my brother-in-law, walk out a little bit to take it and get shit for that(in spanish) and sent on break. I ate the free food, left and am never returning again. I just felt that the general populace of the pit needed to know that I am once again happily unemployed.

You mean "guero" which means "blond"
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Its actually "guero". Like the beck song. And it actually is supposed to mean "blondie" or "fair skinned" not actually white, as in caucasian.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Quote by Cutlass_253
Its actually "guero". Like the beck song. And it actually is supposed to mean "blondie" or "fair skinned" not actually white, as in caucasian.

Close, but like i said, it means blond. "Guera" means blonde (as in females).

Sometimes it's used to refer to someone with light skin, but that's not its actual meaning.

Quote by Vigilantius
Worse. Straight from the border Mexicans.

EDIT: ^^I'm going to sell drugs, and push grocery baskets at HEB. I'll make about twice the money.

Actually, you could make 10 times the money. Easy.

Quote by Zugunruhe

^about me
EH EH EH EH Gringo es loco
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Wedo
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Qué?

But, um, even if the other employees hadn't been hispanic, you still would've hated your job. Only it would've taken you more time to realize that, so actually you ran kinda lucky, I guess. It's a fact: people hate working at Mickey D's

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mcjob

And people REALLY hate Mickey Avalon too, but that's another story...

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote by dann_blood
Wedo

pinche mojado
Quote by evening_crow
Close, but like i said, it means blond. "Guera" means blonde (as in females).

Sometimes it's used to refer to someone with light skin, but that's not its actual meaning.

I thought blonde was for both men and women?

Quote by Zugunruhe

^about me
Quote by Vigilantius
pinche mojado

Hey hey hey... manten tu bocota cerrada...

psh... estos gueros se creen muy chingones nomas porque tienen la piel clara.

EDIT: i forgot we can't speak other languages other than english in ug unless we provide a translation:

"hey hey hey... keep your big mouth shut...

Psh... these white ppl think they're all that just cuz they have light skin."

Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by Cutlass_253
I thought blonde was for both men and women?

Umm... u might be right on that. I thought there was a difference... then again that's because i studied a bit of french and there IS a difference there.

Quote by evening_crow
Umm... u might be right on that. I thought there was a difference... then again that's because i studied a bit of french and there IS a difference there.

According to the wikipedia you can do it either way. (Just looked it up). Apparently you can also do it with brunet(te) which I also didn't know.

Quote by Zugunruhe

^about me
Quote by Cutlass_253
According to the wikipedia you can do it either way. (Just looked it up). Apparently you can also do it with brunet(te) which I also didn't know.

Yep. That's what i thought.

Quote by evening_crow

The difference is that nouns in spanish usually have a masculine or feminine connotation depending on the suffix.

Guero = light skinned male
Guera = lignt skinned female
pendejo = dumbass (male i.e. the TS)
pendeja = dumbass (female)

disclaimer: I grew up speaking colloquial spanish, and never took a course in proper spanish (or mexican lawyer spanish, as I like to call it), nor do I know much of the terminology in explaining it
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
I know someone whose life consists of working at McDonalds, eating and bitching at her friend who has a huge head.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by iceman_8319
The difference is that nouns in spanish usually have a masculine or feminine connotation depending on the suffix.

disclaimer: I grew up speaking colloquial spanish, and never took a course in proper spanish (or mexican lawyer spanish, as I like to call it), nor do I know much of the terminology in explaining it

We were actually talking about the English word blond. I know how to speak spanish.

Quote by Zugunruhe

^about me
Quote by Cutlass_253
We were actually talking about the English word blond. I know how to speak spanish.

to self

*backs out of thread slowly*
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by iceman_8319

I know what you mean, but technically in a way i'm right. It's just that like mentioned above, blonde and burnette can be acceptable for either sex due to its use in culture. It's kinda how "mailman" can refer to a female even though it's got a male connotation.

The only reason why i don't use blonde/burnette for the male sex is because like you said, spanish (as well as french... makes sense since they're both romance languages) adjetives and nouns are altered in order to imply male/female sex. AND... spanish is actually my first language (even though i feel more comfortable using english) and i studied french in school, and since they have that alteration it just sticks in my head to differentiate between the two in english as well with those two words.

EDIT: you still have the translation for blond(e) wrong. It actually refers to hair color... it can be used to describe light skin, but that's only an improper/slang way of doing so. "Blanco/blanca" would be the correct term for saying white/light skinned.

Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 22, 2008,
i work at maccas and it's pretty cool, managers are chill and the people that work there are cool, it's a big laugh, and you get paid for it. you just worked at a shitty one
Guero isn't an insult. If they wanted to insult you, they'd have called you a gabacho. My family calls other family members that all the time.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Vigilantius
After about a day, I realized that I was the only person there who didn't speak spanish.

Are you based in Madrid perhaps?
Quote by evening_crow
Hey hey hey... manten tu bocota cerrada...

psh... estos gueros se creen muy chingones nomas porque tienen la piel clara.

EDIT: i forgot we can't speak other languages other than english in ug unless we provide a translation:

"hey hey hey... keep your big mouth shut...

Psh... these white ppl think they're all that just cuz they have light skin."

The reflexive pronoun is unecessary, "piesan" would be more appropriate than "creen," and you need a "que" between "piesan" and you need "son," because you have no second verb. That is a pretty bad translation.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Guero isn't an insult. If they wanted to insult you, they'd have called you a gabacho. My family calls other family members that all the time.

Nah, they would've said "gringo."

Page 1 of 2