So, I've been listening to some Jimi Hendrix and Frusciante and Buckethead, and Iv'e decided to go and buy a wah pedal. I'm not sure what to buy, but right now I'm tossing up between the Dunlop Zack Wylde and Jimi Hendrix.

Any comments or suggestions?
I've only played the Zakk Wylde out of those two, and even then it was on an epiphone sg.

It was quite nice, no doubt about it. As to how it would perform with a bass i have no idea though.

If your handy with a sodlering iron it may be worth your while buying the basic model and doing some upgrades to it, you would save yourself some money and ultimately end up with the same product.

Check out the buildng and customizing forum for these.

All the best,

Dave.
HI THERE
Heh, I know some basic electronics skills and how to put basic components together, but I think soldering a wah pedal might be out of my league :P.

Do you think I could pay someone else to do it, and, if so, how much?

thanks
You may be able to. It really depends whether you have any friends who know their stuff.
I'm not sure on pricing, but i'd take a guess at saying that it would probably be cheaper to actually get the Zakk pedal than pay a tech to do it for you. Some of these guys charge through the roof. So it's basically not what you know, it's who you know.

Even having a look on the used market may be worth you while.

Dave.
HI THERE
Buy a bass specific wah pedal.
Guitar wah pedals will not cater the low end frequencies.
I Have an Ibanez weeping demon which I set to the lower frequency setting and it seems to do the trick for me.
If you want an actual Wah for your Bass

Don't go Bass Specific, Personally I find them way too boomy and low endy, and alot of them sound like a controlled envelope filter

Try out a 535Q, this has selectable frequencies, i played around with it and ended up setting it to the lowest band width and make sure the peak isn't too high, I found that sound the most pleasing

But Give the Bass specific Wah's a shot, it may be just your thing
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
www.wilsoneffects.com

Go there and buy a Ten Spot Wah.
It is (hand)made according to the Ibanez WH-10 specs (I have both the original and wilson's version) very good, except that the clone has true bypass and a fuzz filter.
There is a switch on it which makes it possible to go from bass to guitar, and a tone knob.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I think I'm straying towards just a regular guitar wah.

The guys at the music shop reckon there isn't a difference between a bass and guitar wah, but they would have been the ones selling it to me, so... you can put 2 and 2 together.

Also, my town isn't that big, so frankly, I might not have a choice. If you guys REALLY think I should buy a bass wah, then I might order one from the US or something (I'm from aus)
The downside of buying from overseas, though, is that if it doesn't work I'll have to send it all the way back.

What do you guys think?
I've played a bass through a guitar wah. The low end loss was noticeable. I'd go with a Bass Wah myself.
Okay, here's what I gather so far: Bass wahs are better than guitar wahs for the purpose of bass and I can get someone to adjust a guitar wah to make it suitable for bass?(not sure about that one).

NOW I think I should find a good guitar wah and have it adjusted (from what you guys have said).

I think I'll try and find a bass wah before I move to that option, though.
yeah a bass wah exists for a reason... get one
x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Why don't you just follow my advide? You'll get a bass wah AND a guitar wah in the same wah. You also said that you've been listening to Frusciante, who has a great wah tone.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
^Eric Clapton has great guitar tone. I'm not gonna put fivers on a strat anytime soon.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
^I don't really understand what you're saying.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
^I don't really understand what you're saying.

what works for guitar won't always work for bass. I doubt this does the same sound.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by isildurs_bane
The guys at the music shop reckon there isn't a difference between a bass and guitar wah
Never trust their opinions then.
Quote by smb
Never trust their opinions then.

I shan't ever again, believe me
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Quote by the humanity
what works for guitar won't always work for bass. I doubt this does the same sound.

I never said that. What I meant was that my recommended wah has a bass/guitar switch which changes the frequencies, true bypass, fuzzfilter, a tone knob and a 9 volt adapter input, and unlike the original, this one is well built and will sure last, and is also alot cheaper.

Oh, and it's also the personal choice of John Frusciante, which the TS listens to.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
I never said that. What I meant was that my recommended wah has a bass/guitar switch which changes the frequencies, true bypass, fuzzfilter, a tone knob and a 9 volt adapter input, and unlike the original, this one is well built and will sure last, and is also alot cheaper.

Oh, and it's also the personal choice of John Frusciante, which the TS listens to.

Bass and guitar have different waveforms and outputs. Even if the pedal was adjusted to handle the same frequencies, it wouldn't sound the same with a bass.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1