Page 1 of 10
Though the last incarnation died, in effect, I think it's time to start a new one.

First round will be held a week after sign ups close.

Let's go.

OK

Roster

Carswell98
imgooley
David Highland.
BodaciousBob
Dimebag22
Aetherspear
theNeildeal
gopherthegreat
Mr. Blues.
Jilax
Jimmy94
Iceman420
strawforest007
Urik
Blurry505
Last edited by imgooley at Sep 25, 2008,
oooohhhhhh

sweetness,

count me in
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I'm confused, how is this done? Do we sign up here? or what? I'm intrigued, but not quite sure if I understand.
Say you want to do it, and you'll be signed up.
Quote by david_highland
I'm confused, how is this done? Do we sign up here? or what? I'm intrigued, but not quite sure if I understand.

it's a tourney, your recording will be pitted against another UGer's (as in a blues solo) and they will be voted for

then the next round begins and so on...

if you want in, just say "I'm in"

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

I'll have a go.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Added.
I'm in broski.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Sign me up
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Quote by aetherspear
I'm in. But could this possibly be Blues/Jazz duels or no?

I like the idea of Jazz duels. The only problem is, it wouldn't be fair to have one person play a jazz entry and the other play a blues entry for the same round.
Quote by imgooley
I like the idea of Jazz duels. The only problem is, it wouldn't be fair to have one person play a jazz entry and the other play a blues entry for the same round.

I agree, although I like the idea, having an even slightly different style of music aloud could creat some bias opinions.
Indeed, if nobody steps up for a jazz entry, i guess I'll settle for a jazzy blues...
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
^That'll work.
Oh jeez, I just bumped the old one. Whoops

Just let that one die I geuss.

Btw, I'm in.

Jack my swag
Need moar people.

my participation is pending the repair of my recording equipment,

*sigh*

I finally get a decent setup, and then this...
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

If you comp is under warranty, call the company. HP has good customer service, even if the operators have an Indian accent.
Quote by imgooley
Need moar people.

Is it against the rules to advertise other threads on this site? I think it was done for the last blues duels...
It should be fine.
^Too much Earl Grey in the morning.
Quote by Carswell98
my participation is pending the repair of my recording equipment,

*sigh*

I finally get a decent setup, and then this...

sounds like you got the blues...that could be an advantage
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
Quote by MrBlues
sounds like you got the blues...that could be an advantage

Jack my swag
^ are you talking to me?
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
Yesh.
And i feel like i should, but from me you will get really badly recorded tracks as my digital recorder makes everything sound thin and flat
Feelin the Blues

And you think I can do any better? I'm using my laptop mic.

I want to hear some bl00z from you.
point taken, i guess i should ...sign me up

cant promise anything but im currently on holiday for another week and a half so i should be able to do something for first round.
Feelin the Blues

I'm down.

I might have some trouble doing one straight away, as our fall break starts next week and I'd need to borrow a mic capable of making a somewhat decent recording. (Tube amps are loud )

Also getting a Vox DA5 now, so might be able to get some good recordable tones out of that
Coolz.
I'll join. Expect some bad playing and some crappy YouTube recordings, but hey, it's all good.
sign me up! and if any of my opponents want to have a go at some jazz, I'm game.
I'm in.

I think this time we should kinda classify the rounds. Take 2 who have electric distorted solos against each other, cleans against each other.

If one wins do they need to put a new recording? I think we should do that if they want to re-record. Lets them do something different
Quote by Guitardude19
The world is a fucked up place.

Tele's

"Oh I'll play the blues for you"