http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifPGuEz5jkI

Changed the reverb to freeverb instead of gverb, might try plate next, thanks for the feedback, i'll definitely give some back =D

Recorded with a Sterling ST55 and a Line6 TonePort UX2 USB Interface and Audacity 1.3.5.

As always, c4c.

Last edited by bestofthebox at Sep 23, 2008,
Very nice, but you really suck at using reverb. That reallllllllly ruined it for me. Way too much man.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by bestofthebox
any suggestions? i hear audacity's gverb sucks, i duno what to use

well, you just had way too long of a decay on it.
I personally would find a free VST called Plate.
I can't remember where i found it though, it was on some database for free VST's.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I just re-uploaded a new version with two vocal tracks and freeverb effects instead of gverb, I gotta learn to synch up voice better, but I think this one is a lot closer, pitch-wise at least.
New version sounds good man. Captured the feeling of Scott's vocals fairly well. The background music sounds just a bit too muffled, but not too bad. Over all good job man
I feel the cymbals could be a bit louder maybe? I dunno how you recorded the drums mic wise but if it's possible just knock them up a touch and see what you think.

The vocals are good, well EQ'd and powerful.
Too much gain = Ears in pain
Much better this time around man. I remember being like you once upon a time too. Just new to the recording thing.
Try getting a different DAW (like cubase, or something similar) and that makes things way easier to manage.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I think the voice is good. HOWEVER, as for the recording... I used Toneport and get 100 times better results. Either Audacity sucks really hard or your not using it correctly.

EDIT: sorry for being a little harsh about the quality, didnt realize you were just starting to record. Anyways, id say give adobe audition/cool edit pro a try. Extremely easy to use and anyway can get the hang of it in no time. But its also a very quality program that will give you much better results. Recording vocals on the port, I use either no effect or "Modern" then just do you reverbs and what not through Adobe Audition.
Last edited by MrShowtime3 at Sep 25, 2008,
I'm not very familiar with this song, but your vocals did sound a lot like Weiland. I can't really crit the instrumental playing (the guitar sounded good though) as I've never heard the song before, although the drums could stand to be a little louder or less muffled as if they were added on as an afterthought. Overall I liked it, I may have to start listening to some STP now to see if my music tastes have changed. I never really was a fan of theirs before.

Thanks for the crit on mine too.
like it! Very nice job, mix was great, loved the guitar tone and playing. Is this a band or did you do several tracks? Keep it up - great work!