After seeing invade Jims thread about Sarge it made me remember my grandmother who died last year and all the stories she used to tell me or the crazy things she did that i heard about. This one isnt big, but one time, when she was around 20 a little while after the depression she found a rooster and painted its toenails red and gave it to a couple of her nieces as a present. I just know that sometimes remembering all the good things about someone you have known that passed really helps to feel better.

If your feel like it, post stories here about people you knew personally that you miss just to get it off your chest or that you just feel like sharing.
Grandpa was the ultimate source of military things. Taught me loads and got me interested in this sort of thing. When he passed away his huge book collection was, for lack of a better phrase, up for grabs. I now own hundreds of books on WWI, WWII and the army in general.

Great man.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I'd like to remember my Maths teacher, who had a heart attach and had to drive himself to a hospital. He could barely move so he had to flash his car lights at the staff to get their attention.

He still came to school though afterwards. Just like he did the next after getting a cancer cut out of his head. No idea how he did it. He had over 30 operations in his life, and most of his face was skin grafts, but he was cool.
Quote by Abunai X
I'd like to remember my Maths teacher, who had a heart attach and had to drive himself to a hospital. He could barely move so he had to flash his car lights at the staff to get their attention.

He still came to school though afterwards. Just like he did the next after getting a cancer cut out of his head. No idea how he did it. He had over 30 operations in his life, and most of his face was skin grafts, but he was cool.

man that guy sounds amazing
Member of the Guitarists Born in 1990 Club. PM Gibson_God11 to join

Member of the I have every metallica album and I love it!
club. PM BDR_23 to join

www.myspace.com/shepherdjoe

X
Quote by metvettefreak
man that guy sounds amazing

+1

How could you drive yourself to a hospital after a heart attack...Just amazing!

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
+1

How could you drive yourself to a hospital after a heart attack...Just amazing!
+1 too
rest in peace cathy hindry, good friend of mines mum, she died earlier this year from 7 brain tumas, whens she found out she came straight to our public school and told the whole class, she promised she'd throw a party for us all to celebrate the end of little school, the day befpre she died she was at the local pool telling us " it's about time i get fit isn't it boys" she died a day before the party :'(
a little lost.....

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Davo Ownz
rest in peace cathy hindry, good friend of mines mum, she died earlier this year from 7 brain tumas, whens she found out she came straight to our public school and told the whole class, she promised she'd throw a party for us all to celebrate the end of little school, the day befpre she died she was at the local pool telling us " it's about time i get fit isn't it boys" she died a day before the party :'(

That's really touching and yet really sad. But it shows how you should really seize the day.

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
omg rip dimebag

liek omgz i wz gna say dat ololol!!!111!
In rememberance of Thomas Fletcher.

Killed as a passanger in a car accident aged 17.

In rememberance of Dennis Coyle.

My grandfather, who was more of a father figure to me, taken by throat cancer.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
In remembrance of Adnan Patrawala, an old friend, kidnapped because his parents were rich and killed because he refused to go down without a fight. The most humble and brave man I ever met. RIP.
i was tempted to quote and send my condolences to each of the above 3/4 posts, they sound so awesome, this is what makes me hate life, i would give my own life for these guys, and hear i am typing when there ****ing gone :'(
a little lost.....
Quote by Abunai X

woow
that guy is a legend
is he married?
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Well my step brother had a cousin who hanged herself....His cousin used to hang out with him when he was little and take care of him and stuff...He told me she used to take him to the fair and go on rides and play prize games with him.......

Last edited by life_777 at Nov 8, 2008,
In remembrance of all our Canadian forces who have died needlessly in Afghanistan. We need this to stop. This war is a joke, we need our soldiers out of there before more of them die.

We remember.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
I'm awesome...right?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
In rememberence of Scourge who I haven't seen on here in a while (I know he's probably not dead but I still miss his melbourne ass)

In rememberence of my grandfather Lloyd, who was taken by liver cancer, he smoked up to the day he died and it wasn't the thing that killed him. I've got two moments with him that I will remember forever;

1. I was at his place sitting across the table from him in the kitchen while he was reading the paper and everyone else was in the loungeroom and I asked him how he was, he looked at me with the biggest grin on his face and said "Shit, but we can't let anyone think that" and then winked, and I won't remember seeing that look of pain that passed his eyes whenever he moved, like he could feel the cancer ripping him apart.

2. On his deathbed, the thursday before he died, the entire family was there. He was so high on pain and morphine that he couldn't move, my Grandmother was feeding him water through a sippy cup and he could hardly drink it. We were there about an hour and we decided to go, one by one my mother, my brother and I all gave him a hug and said "I love you" and moved away and Lloyd didn't react, so mum and Alex (my brother) went outside and I just stood at the end of the bed and watched. Then my father went to say goodbye, gave him a hug and kissed his cheek and my grandfather, who hadn't said a word the entire time we were there somehow croaked out "I love you" back to him... I will never forget that moment as when I realised the true power of family. Nothing was going to stop him from replying to his son...
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
My maternal Grandpa taught me how to read, he was the headmaster of a school, flew in the RAF and was a general badass.

Lest We Forget
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
This thread is legitimately amazing.

RIP my grandfather. He was a really great guy, he died of a heart attack 2 summers ago. It was really bizarre, it was the day I left to go to a camp for a week, and I was talking on the phone with him the night before, telling him I missed him and that I would try to get my family to go visit after I got back. I got picked up early 3 days later so I could attend the funeral. The worst part was, both his parents outlived him (also, RIP Pop-Pop), and they were there trying to stay composed, it was sad to watch, really.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
Quote by Auals
In rememberence of Scourge who I haven't seen on here in a while (I know he's probably not dead but I still miss his melbourne ass)

In rememberence of my grandfather Lloyd, who was taken by liver cancer, he smoked up to the day he died and it wasn't the thing that killed him. I've got two moments with him that I will remember forever;

1. I was at his place sitting across the table from him in the kitchen while he was reading the paper and everyone else was in the loungeroom and I asked him how he was, he looked at me with the biggest grin on his face and said "Shit, but we can't let anyone think that" and then winked, and I won't remember seeing that look of pain that passed his eyes whenever he moved, like he could feel the cancer ripping him apart.

2. On his deathbed, the thursday before he died, the entire family was there. He was so high on pain and morphine that he couldn't move, my Grandmother was feeding him water through a sippy cup and he could hardly drink it. We were there about an hour and we decided to go, one by one my mother, my brother and I all gave him a hug and said "I love you" and moved away and Lloyd didn't react, so mum and Alex (my brother) went outside and I just stood at the end of the bed and watched. Then my father went to say goodbye, gave him a hug and kissed his cheek and my grandfather, who hadn't said a word the entire time we were there somehow croaked out "I love you" back to him... I will never forget that moment as when I realised the true power of family. Nothing was going to stop him from replying to his son...

I'm really sorry to here that...

My grandmother was in pretty much the same situation as that a year ago in a couple weeks...

On her deathbed barely able to move for the last little while...

Cancer is terrible and hell to see someone go though.

When did that happen?
Quote by Guitarfreak217
I'm really sorry to here that...

My grandmother was in pretty much the same situation as that a year ago in a couple weeks...

On her deathbed barely able to move for the last little while...

Cancer is terrible and hell to see someone go though.

When did that happen?

Almost two years ago now. We're almost up to the day as it is. So yeah, really sad time, especially seeing as it was my Grandmothers birthday today... I don't know how she must feel, it's her second birthday alone and I have no idea what to say to her about it.

She's helped me so much with my life (She talked me into seeing a doctor and now a psychologist, I actually need one so it's not like she's just being a bitch, she's acutally helping) and I don't know what to do in return.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Jack Churchill FTW.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Auals
Almost two years ago now. We're almost up to the day as it is. So yeah, really sad time, especially seeing as it was my Grandmothers birthday today... I don't know how she must feel, it's her second birthday alone and I have no idea what to say to her about it.

She's helped me so much with my life (She talked me into seeing a doctor and now a psychologist, I actually need one so it's not like she's just being a bitch, she's acutally helping) and I don't know what to do in return.

That really sucks, hope you're doing alright.

Make her a "thank you for being freaking spectacularly amazing" pie
Quote by Guitarfreak217
That really sucks, hope you're doing alright.

Make her a "thank you for being freaking spectacularly amazing" pie

Haha, right now, i'm doing horrifically. But I'm still alive, which is enough to keep the parents happy I spose. And Nan does all the cooking so I'll just ask her to bake one, and then eat it and tell her that it tasted of awesome and win.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
Quote by Auals
Haha, right now, i'm doing horrifically. But I'm still alive, which is enough to keep the parents happy I spose. And Nan does all the cooking so I'll just ask her to bake one, and then eat it and tell her that it tasted of awesome and win.

Well..ummm...

*surprise hug*

Freakin creepy having some random dude in the internet do that, but who cares...

Really though, its been pretty tough for me too, but I just try and remember everything good while sitting on the beach listening to Bob Marley... Usually does the trick...

Just go to the "How to not feel like crap thread"...

My threads have odd titles...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16740702#post16740702
Quote by Abunai X

Sounds like Mad Dog

Ne me quitte pas mon chere.
RIP Hillel Slovak
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace