This is all based off the track Drive 3, which is just me on acoustic guitar. It has built in percussion thanks to the strumming pattern: striking the bridge with the side of my picking hand to keep rhythm. I had a friend of mine stop by to try to record some lead parts for this song. We went a little overboard and came up with enough to last for the entire song, so I put em all together. He can tear it up, he is playing all the electric parts. I recorded all the acoustic leads. I can't shred at all but I did my best to fit the music. My favorite lead part is the acoustic one that starts at 1:35.

Anyway, if you wanna hear constant electric/acoustic leads on top of everything that was already there, check out the track in my profile:

"Drive 4 (Electric/Acoustic Leads)"
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/supralightning/

All feedback and criticism welcome. I will c4c.

ps. watch out for the insane ferrari clip as an intro. its ****ing loud, lol
dude that was quite impressive. i like the way you switched up between the clean and dirty leads. what scales are you using for the distorted leads?
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
Sorry bro I only played the clean leads, and the acoustic rhythm that I wrote. My friend played all the electric parts. I believe he said he was playing in A minor. As for the scale, I have no idea, what he does is beyond my lead ability lol.
Hey, thanks for your in-depth crit, greatly appreciated.

I enjoyed this track a lot, especially the clean melodies at 1:12 and at 0:31. I wanted to hear more clean melodies with only one or maybe two shorter electric solos. The electric was a fairly standard blues-metal type soloing, and I hate to say this, but phrasing on the electric needs to be more melodic. I think they could be improved by highlighting or repeating the acoustic ideas.

Overall though I really enjoyed the acoustic and electric harmony, they contrasted but still sound great together, Nice job!
Last edited by ixelion at Sep 24, 2008,
Sup! Cool intro.
Like the electric Blues solo!
Very cool song with Great Recordings!!!
There is not too much about it that I didn't like A+++

? Crit Mine ?
GEAR:
SCHECTER "Diamond Series" REVENGER Guitar
VOX AD30VT Amp
ZOOM HD16CD Digital Mulit-Track Recorder
1 SHURE SM-57,1 Audio-Technica AT2035, 1 APEX 435 Mic. & 2 APEX 180 Condencer Mics
Edited with Audacity & Adobe Audition 3
Thanks for the comments

Ixelion- Its fine that you said that because I've thought the same thing. You can really tell the difference between the lead parts I play on acoustic, and what my friend played on electric. I think that since I wrote the progression and I know it well, it was pretty easy for me to come up with melodic parts that followed the music as I imagine it. For him, since he hadn't heard the song before, I can't fault him for tearing it up like he did, thats his style really. I've thought of making a version with only clean acoustic leads for the entire song, and now that you posted that, I just might do it.

thanks again both of ya