Page 1 of 3
About 20 minutes ago, I spotted a cockroach in the kitchen sink and it had sensed my presence and so escaped into a dark corner of the room, where I could not see it.

Now, I always let bugs run away the first time I see them, just to give them a chance, but if I spot them again, I kill them.

Now I'm wondering, does this balance out the pain I placed it through? The third time I saw it, I grabbed the kettle which had freshly boiled water and splashed it on the cockroach, sending it on a painful trip from the top of the counter-top to the floor. It started to convulse violently after the obviously painful fall and the searing hot water for some moments until I took sympathy on it and squashed it with a shoe. It died.

Do you think my methods are shameful? Or should I feel guilty?

(I only do this to cockroaches)

Other methods I have of dispatching these annoying bugs is, pouring liquid detergent on them and letting them suffocate or filling the sink with water and placing a layer of oil on top so they can't escape and they clog their lungs or pouring hot water on them OR just simply squashing them.

Am I a horrible person for doing this?

And how does the Pit kill bugs (if at all)
With my 12 guage shotgun..

Yeeeeeeeah..
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
(Preferably someone else's) shoe.
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
Well. I used to kill rats by tossing them into an empty trash can, then covering them in candle wax.
You should spear it with a toothpick and leave it out as a warning to the other cockroaches.
i dont have to, my house is clean.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by dan ramP
i dont have to, my house is clean.

Considering it's Spring here in Australia and Summer's coming quickly, those cockroaches will be breeding and I must know if my methods are acceptable or not.
Man, you're lucky I stumbled upon your thread. While I'm by no means a professional cockroach killer, I do have my fair share of experience. However, I'm nowhere near as humane as you. Anyways...

For the ones at home, I either squash them with a sandal or I use my belt and whip 'em. I recently got my BB gun fixed and I've been looking to get some target practice. Haven't found any targets yet though, xD. Boiling hot water should kill them pretty quick, that is, if you submerge in it. I don't know if cold water will kill them, though I did submerge a cockroach in alcohol once (not the kind you drink, xD). I was intending to burn it alive, though it died shortly. I'm guessing the cold killed it. I still burned it's corpse in the end though. Really fun.

One other fun thing to do would be to torch the damn thing, providing it stays still enough and you won't burn anything else. To do this, you'll simply need a lighter and a bottle of Axe, or any other similar body spray. Just hold the lighter's flame (the tip of it) to the nozzle and spray away. It'll produce a small jet of flame if you do it right. However, make sure you only do that with a controlled fire. One my friends got his Axe set on fire because he got a bit too carried away. It was only around the nozzle area though. He was pretty lucky considering the can was near empty. Not sure what would've happened if it was full.

My personal experiences with cockroaches are mostly all good ones. They've yet to jump me in the bathroom while I'm giving myself the 'ol low five or something. I suggest you use boiling hot water, or squash them with a shoe or any other object at your disposal. However, if you're anything like me, trapping them and torturing them is the way to go. I actually do that for fun occasionally. I'm such a horrible person. xD.
Whatever you do, don't nuke 'em.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by +}-136-{+
Man, you're lucky I stumbled upon your thread. While I'm by no means a professional cockroach killer, I do have my fair share of experience. However, I'm nowhere near as humane as you. Anyways...

For the ones at home, I either squash them with a sandal or I use my belt and whip 'em. I recently got my BB gun fixed and I've been looking to get some target practice. Haven't found any targets yet though, xD. Boiling hot water should kill them pretty quick, that is, if you submerge in it. I don't know if cold water will kill them, though I did submerge a cockroach in alcohol once (not the kind you drink, xD). I was intending to burn it alive, though it died shortly. I'm guessing the cold killed it. I still burned it's corpse in the end though. Really fun.

One other fun thing to do would be to torch the damn thing, providing it stays still enough and you won't burn anything else. To do this, you'll simply need a lighter and a bottle of Axe, or any other similar body spray. Just hold the lighter's flame (the tip of it) to the nozzle and spray away. It'll produce a small jet of flame if you do it right. However, make sure you only do that with a controlled fire. One my friends got his Axe set on fire because he got a bit too carried away. It was only around the nozzle area though. He was pretty lucky considering the can was near empty. Not sure what would've happened if it was full.

My personal experiences with cockroaches are mostly all good ones. They've yet to jump me in the bathroom while I'm giving myself the 'ol low five or something. I suggest you use boiling hot water, or squash them with a shoe or any other object at your disposal. However, if you're anything like me, trapping them and torturing them is the way to go. I actually do that for fun occasionally. I'm such a horrible person. xD.

Wow, burning them seems pretty painful but I think suffocating them is just as bad
Find the source.

Is it normal to get them in Australia with rising hot weather? I've never seen one in person, as far as I know. A may fly came in this room once; I ran out of the room, for my life.
Quote by Jackolas
Find the source.

Is it normal to get them in Australia with rising hot weather? I've never seen one in person, as far as I know. A may fly came in this room once; I ran out of the room, for my life.

Yes, you rarely see any in the Winter but in the warming weather, they're pretty common.

And finding the source is near impossible considering they come from outside, nest in your house or outside and their nests are incredibly well hidden.
Shotgun

or trap them in a glass, put insect repellent on the thing and set it loose again. Watch as it tries to run away from itself

PSN ID: ArranP
@ XianXuiHong

Yeah, burning is pretty bad. But really, it kills them pretty damn quick. Less than a second and they're crisp. A couple of my friends found some newspapers and one of those BBQ grills. We put a cockroach under the grill, set the newspaper on fire, then shoved 'em inside. The cockroach ended up toast. xD.

Really though, if you feel so bad about killing them, just kill 'em as quick as possible.

By the way, are you Asian by any chance?
Quote by +}-136-{+
@ XianXuiHong

Yeah, burning is pretty bad. But really, it kills them pretty damn quick. Less than a second and they're crisp. A couple of my friends found some newspapers and one of those BBQ grills. We put a cockroach under the grill, set the newspaper on fire, then shoved 'em inside. The cockroach ended up toast. xD.

Really though, if you feel so bad about killing them, just kill 'em as quick as possible.

By the way, are you Asian by any chance?

Yes, I'm Asian, why do you ask?
Quote by XianXiuHong
Yes, you rarely see any in the Winter but in the warming weather, they're pretty common.

And finding the source is near impossible considering they come from outside, nest in your house or outside and their nests are incredibly well hidden.

Are they something you get used to? I find them quite unpleasant.....
i hate squashing roaches cose if you do it too hard your gonna have to clean up the goo and the crunched outer shell

does anyone know if those ultra high pitched sound devices that you plug into the wall and get rid of roaches actually work?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
With fire....
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
release chloroform on them. whilst theyre asleep pick them up and place in microwave. turn on.
enjoy =D
If looks coud really kill,

then my profession would be staring.

Quote by Jackolas
Are they something you get used to? I find them quite unpleasant.....

Well, I used to be really scared of roaches when I was younger and now I don't really find any problem with them, I just don't like them being around, they're annoying, especially the bigger ones.
stab it with a knife or letter opener
Last edited by reneeGHOUL at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by reneeGHOUL
stab it with a knife.

I tried that before. Not an effective method. Better to bludgeon it.

@ XianXuiHong

Why ask? I'm Asian myself; I need to find my own kind. xD. I'm Chinese. You?

Oh yeah, and those big cockroaches are real fun. No pleasure in killing the small ones. Catching then burning the big cockroaches...Now that's fun.
Quote by +}-136-{+
I tried that before. Not an effective method. Better to bludgeon it.

@ XianXuiHong

Why ask? I'm Asian myself; I need to find my own kind. xD. I'm Chinese. You?

Oh yeah, and those big cockroaches are real fun. No pleasure in killing the small ones. Catching then burning the big cockroaches...Now that's fun.

I was born in Australia but my parents are Chinese-Malaysian, it's funny, (no offence intended to any white people) white people in my school claim to be Australian when their parents came from Greece or some part of Europe because they were born in Australia but they deny any of my claims to be Australian purely because I'm Asian, it's quite humorous.

Those larger cockroaches are the worst in my opinion, fast buggers too.
I was born in Australia but my parents are Chinese-Malaysian, it's funny, (no offence intended to any white people) white people in my school claim to be Australian when their parents came from Greece or some part of Europe because they were born in Australia but they deny any of my claims to be Australian purely because I'm Asian, it's quite humorous.

Those larger cockroaches are the worst in my opinion, fast buggers too.

How is that funny? Anyways Im Australian too, whereabouts in Australia do you live?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
The only thing ridiculous is that you take so much time to kill the cockroach than just simply splattering it or spraying it.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
how about rats?

i had a rat in my room a few years ago. i tried traps n stuff but the bastard was too quick. i ended up having to shut it into a small room and starving it to death. it took a few weeks but eventually i found it curled up dead in one of my mums bags, she wasn't too happy. then i burned it

for future reference, has anyone got any good ideas?
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Im in byron bay, i used to live in sydney and went to balmain high. i miss sydney a lot...
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127
Im in byron bay, i used to live in sydney and went to balmain high. i miss sydney a lot...

Haha, yeah, Sydney has everything but there are a constantly growing number of rude people and idiots, Bankstown's a bigger hole than ever now despite the many upgrades it has undergone.
hmm normally tissue.. but sometimes I feel sadistic I spray something poisonus.. and watch them die while running
Quote by 601210
Well. I used to kill rats by tossing them into an empty trash can, then covering them in candle wax.

Sadist.
Page 1 of 3