(I accidentally asked this in the wrong forum before, so I remade it here.)

So I'm looking for a new guitar. I want to get something that's going to be versatile, so I can adjust my playing style over time, something thats going to have decent sustain, a guitar that isn't going to drain my bank account, and finally something that will have a reasonably nice sound both clean and distorted.

Also, something that doesn't weigh too much so I could use it on stage. If its a great guitar I won't care, but it would be nice.

If that's rather vague, I'm sorry I've only owned two guitars: PRS SE EG and a Epiphone AJ 200s. The PRS was bought used. Basically, I wanted other more experienced musicians' opinions. In fact, I wanted the Pit's twisted opinion but I feared I would be relocated here anyways :P

Anyways, I want something that is not low end in quality, but for less than $900 (I'm working minimum wage while saving for a car and college)
I've found so far:

Schecter S1- Blackjack
Schecter C1 Classic
Schecter C1 with FR Tremolo
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson SG Menace
Ibanez RG2610E Prestige Electric Guitar
ESP LTD EC-500 Electric Guitar with EMG Pickups

Any opinions on those brands or (more helpful) specific guitars?
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
I wouldn't go with the SG Menace, I'd go with a Standard. You'll get a lot more from the Standard then the Menace in my opinion.

What kind of amp do you have?
Gibson SG Faded is under 900 also you might want to look at some high end Epiphones although by the looks of the other guitars you listed your gonna be playing more metal kinda stuff Im guessing
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
shecter classic will probs do you best, played one a couple months a go, great feel.

i have a hellraiser but thats for metal but schecter have good value for money, stay away from low ended gibsons high ended epi's are probs better then low ended gibsons
Some more details on what kind of music you play and where will you usually plug that guitan in would help. Personally for a good balance between clean and distorted I would lean towards the ESP and the Ibanez, schecter has some good guitars but I always see them as way too expensive compared to equally performing models from other brands and that Gibson is a really nice guitar but maybe lacking something in the clean departments. I would suggest you to consider the SG Standard or Les Paul studio that should be in your price range and offer what you want
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
Well all those guitars are pretty metal-oriented (EMGs, Floyds, etc), but since you have the PRS which seems more than appropriate for classic or modern rocl, you can use this next guitar for heavier stuff.

Go with the C1 Classic. Floyd's are overrated and get boring after a few months, even if you still dime squeal like it was the first time you did it.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by druz15_UG
Gibson SG Faded is under 900 also you might want to look at some high end Epiphones although by the looks of the other guitars you listed your gonna be playing more metal kinda stuff Im guessing

Yeah, the SG Faded is also a good choice. I had one, and it was really versatile and I loved how the frets were easy to get to.

Had to sell that, and my Epiphone Les Paul so I could get my Gibson Les Paul, which is the greatest guitar ever... :P
i would recommend a fender strat or tele. they can both play clean and distorted. but u seem like a metal person so...... yea.. its up to u.
I've played alot of Schecters. Owned several epiphones. they are shit. if you want them to not hold you back, you have to fix them up. by the time your done fixing them up, it costs as much as an american guitar. the only imported guitar that has impressed me in the past 20 years is the G&L's.

Try them out and see.
Your still in the wrong forum , Guitar Gear and Accesories...
Cant you just get a standard strat or tele? Very versatile and there reliable, well built guitars
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Go to a guitar store and try them out. All the guitars you listed are decent bar the Schecter C1 FR and Damien.

The neck dimensions and feel of each guitar is uber different from each other, the best way to see whether you like them or not is to try them out.
What kind of amp do you have?

Behringer V-Tone GMX110

And so I should stay away from the FR's, and low-end Gibsons. Got it.

So, between the ESP, Ibanez, the C1-Classic and the S1-Blackjack which would you guys pick/ why? OH and thanks for the help so far.
esp ltd cause i am esp lover
Bedroom Set up:

ESP LTD EC-400 with 81/60 EMG
Yamaha SJ550HR, 1980's Strat (rare guitar)
Crate v18
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vintage 30 Speaker
Metal Muff

Saving up for ESP Uruha's Signature Guitar
Quote by Davus
Behringer V-Tone GMX110

And so I should stay away from the FR's, and low-end Gibsons. Got it.

So, between the ESP, Ibanez, the C1-Classic and the S1-Blackjack which would you guys pick/ why? OH and thanks for the help so far.

DEFINITELY go with a new amp. A new amp will help your tone SO much more than a new guitar will, especially considering that the guitars you have now are pretty good.
its sounds like you would like a fender MIM strat (HSS). Not to expensive, great with cleans and the bucker makes it good for distortion, and it not that heavy. u didnt mention it as an option but I just thought I'd let u kno
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Out of your choices, I'd get the C-1 Classic. They're great and they look schmexy
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
DEFINITELY go with a new amp. A new amp will help your tone SO much more than a new guitar will, especially considering that the guitars you have now are pretty good.

I would agree there, except my parents just bought me a new amp for my birthday, so it would look kind of jerky to go and buy a replacement so quick.

The MIM Strat looks nice, but I have never really liked Fenders except for Teles, and I've never played it before.

So I'll hit up GC and look for
C-1 Classic
SG Faded/ standard
and I'll look for MIM Stats

I guess the only way I'm going to pick a guitar is by playing them.