I have a Squier Strat and a Jackson DK2S. I always noticed that the Jackson played a little easier, like the strings were resisting a little less. Someone recommended me to put .010 strings on it instead of .009. So I bought .010 strings to test them on my Squier ( Replacing strings from .009's to .010's on a Jackson is too much pain in the ass; someone in a shop will do it for me).
With the thicker strings the Squier is better for chords and stuff but lead guitar is better with the Jackson from now. If I put .010's on the Jackson will it still be easier then on the Squier? Because I like the way the Jackson plays pretty much from now (except for fast Iron Maiden strums etc, because my pick tramples under the strings because they are a bit sloppy) Won't it actually improve? Or is it ridiculous that I'm playing a metal guitar with .009 strings?
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
10's are usually the most common strings, 9's are too thin and loose for me.

10's tighten up a little bit over 9's
are both frets legnth the same? That could make a difference...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by ClementWave
10's are usually the most common strings, 9's are too thin and loose for me.

10's tighten up a little bit over 9's
+1
Sounds like your Jackson is a shorter scaled instrument than the Squire. If the Squire is true to it's Fender roots it's a 25-1/2" scale. The other most common scale length is 24-3/4" used by Gibson. Longer scale lengths have tighter string tension because the longer string needs to be tightened more than a shorter sctring to reach equal notes.
Moving on.....
Quote by 08L1V10N
Or is it ridiculous that I'm playing a metal guitar with .009 strings?

nah. and .010s are just as light enough to tune up half-a-step. and are easier to re-string!