I remember some time ago looking at some tabs for 25 or 6 to 4 (Terry Kath's solo) and thinking: **** THIS!

I haven't nailed it yet but now I laugh at how much easier it's become with practice.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
absolutely. there have been many. first was trying to learn little wing after only playing for a month or so. bad idea. put me off for a while. but, no matter how frustrated i get, i always come back to it.
epiphone classic goldtop les paul (seymour duncan alnico 2 pickups)
fender highway one stratocaster (lace holy grail pickups)
alvarez artist acostic
epiphone les paul 100 (signed by kenny wayne shepherd)
misc. pedals
peavey classic 30 (JJ tubes)
the girl i tried so hard to impress with it rejected me. i came close to smashing my guitar! now im glad i didnt...
Quote by 5150rando
the girl i tried so hard to impress with it rejected me. i came close to smashing my guitar! now im glad i didnt...

Ahh, you learned the hard way about that. I feel for you, mate.

Take that as a note, young ones, it is the most wise advice you'll hear.

Anyways, I have them all the time. Mainly because I feel like I can't play guitar, until I realise I hadn't warmed up.

I'm that silly.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeah for sure. I think everybody goes through that at least once.

Once you make it through, you're good.
I like how we talk about this like guitar is LIFE. Which it is... but still.
Quote by Fryer Mike
Yeah for sure. I think everybody goes through that at least once.

Once you make it through, you're good.
I like how we talk about this like guitar is LIFE. Which it is... but still.

Yeah but it's still kinda cool.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Nope i play for pleasure only, if i'm not having fun with it at said time i will put it down and play it when i feel like it...
Almost every time I play and can't seem to get something that seems very easy. But once you get it, it is great.

I always think back to what I practiced that day and determine whether I got any better at it since the previous week. If I did, I'm happy. If I didn't, I usually wonder why it is worth it, but then remember how good it feels to learn a new technique.

Anyway, off the point and rambling, but what else did you want?
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
I did give up for good once.

I was 22 and trying to learn. The solo to You Shook Me All Night Long pushed me over the edge. I tried so hard, but could'nt do it. Just sore fingers and bum notes all the time.

Picked the guitar up again 3 years later when bored and for some reason it was like meeting an old friend again. Stuck at it. Now its 3 years later. Still elementary skills really, but You shook me all night long is no longer a problem.
Honestly, Ive never really felt, "Shit, this is going nowhere, Im quitting."

The thing is, Im not overly commited, I dont practise everyday for example, and itl only be for maybe 40 mins. If its not working, I just stop and play again a couple of days later.

But then again, Ive been playing for a long time, and so I can play nice stuff, which is a good motive.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
I lack confidence when it comes to guitar sometimes so yeah I get that feeling of complete worthlessness. It usually happens when I go to a guitar shop to try out new gear, but I'm learning more and more than I shouldn't worry how other people think of my playing. I'm a singer/songwriter so I can't really go into guitar center and jam out solos and improvise like the "rich kids who's had a Gibson since 12yr old" or the "40yr old hobbyists". Its nothing to major and I'm pretty much over it in my heart I feel like pretty much everyone who fell in love with guitar we all want to be our favorite guitar god.
"Life is just a ride... just a ride" - Bill Hicks
Having almost every girl in school asking me to play hey there Delilah.
I was like, whats the point of practicing if everyone would rather hear some untalented band sing about their girl problems?!?!
The replacement guitar instructor.

An instructor with no motivation to teach is the quickest thing that kills your motivation to learn.