Page 1 of 2
I just don't get it.

First, Progressive Nation skips us. Understandable, Dream Theater's last showout was pretty crappy, so I can't blame them.

But now, Metallica isn't coming here, and neither is Opeth. I'm starting to get ****ing upset here.

Especially considering how I live in the most populated city in Canada, I wouldn't think this would be a problem but seriously what the ****?

I really wanna go to some shows but it looks like Amon Amarth (which is awesome) is gonna be the last show of year.

SO my ****ing qualm here is why are these bands skpping Ontario? We have a fairly large scene of metal fans. Guaranteed these shows will sell out. Opeth did last time, so money can't be an issue here.

I'm very upset. Man, when Prog Nation skipped us I nearly cried, I was waiting for like a year to get dates, had to greyhound to Albany to see it.

So seriously, what gives?

And can anyone show me some good local metal bands so I can get my fill of mosh pits and heavy metal? Cause I'm seriously upset here.

-Mike
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Well, it could be that they tried to get a venue but for one reason or another, that didn't work out so thus they can't play in the city? I dunno, just kind of thought logic would be useful.
LOL ... Man i live in Serbia and didnt see any noramal bend here since Iron Maiden in March 2007... Now what should i do ? Go and kill myself because of the hate towards my country ?
Quote by LukkaJovicVp
LOL ... Man i live in Serbia and didnt see any noramal bend here since Iron Maiden in March 2007... Now what should i do ? Go and kill myself because of the hate towards my country ?

lol I never proposed killing myself.

And logic does work, but its not hard to get venues here, there's enough of them. And I have no idea why they wouldn't book these bands, as they've done so in the past. Theres enough room, I've looked at whats showing.

Its not that they hate my country, but they'er passing by right in the next province, its not far out of the way to come here...

Time to move to Vancouver?
Blackstar HT-5

I live in Toronto and from I can tell, you just need to go to other metal concerts. Sure Metallica, Opeth, and Dream Theater have all skipped out but there are tons of sick metal shows coming up. ****, Iced Earth is playing a show tonight. That speaks for itself, but here are other concerts on the horizon: GWAR, Job For A Cowboy, Amon Amarth, Dimmu Borgir, Dragonforce, In Flames. Those are just from the facebook thing (iLike or whatever). http://www.inertia-entertainment.com/main.html- constantly check this site. Go to other shows, and stop complaining about a thriving metal scene.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Last edited by NakedBassist at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by NakedBassist
I live in Toronto and from I can tell, you just need to go to other metal concerts. Sure Metallica, Opeth, and Dream Theater have all skipped out but there are tons of sick metal shows coming up. ****, Iced Earth is playing a show tonight. That speaks for itself, but here are other concerts on the horizon: Trivium, GWAR, Job For A Cowboy, Amon Amarth, Apocalyptica, Dimmu Borgir, Dragonforce, In Flames. Those are just from the facebook thing (iLike or whatever). http://www.inertia-entertainment.com/main.html- constantly check this site. Go to other shows, and stop complaining about a thriving metal scene.

The only bands from your list that I enjoy are Iced Earth, Amon Amarth and maybe once in a while Dimmu Borgir.

Do you know any good local bands that I can go to?

I also lack a facebook account cause its annoying as mother****.
Blackstar HT-5

Again, the inertia-entertainment website is a great way to find out about smaller-scale shows by far less mainstream metal bands; they do, however book more successful bands.I frequent that website, the facebook thing, and the ticketmaster website- just to keep an eye out for a concert I would like to attend.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Quote by NakedBassist
Again, the inertia-entertainment website is a great way to find out about smaller-scale shows by far less mainstream metal bands; they do, however book more successful bands.I frequent that website, the facebook thing, and the ticketmaster website- just to keep an eye out for a concert I would like to attend.

I'll check out the itnertia entertainment site. I'll get a facebook just for that.

But I'm talking about bands TIcketmaster wouldn't sell tickets for. LIke starting out bands, preferably local talent as I soon hope to play within the area...just needa grab a bassist and a drummer. xD
Blackstar HT-5

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

TRAVEL.

I have to travel for 3 hours to get to gigs, stop being a whiny little bitch because bands aren't playing in your back garden.
RULE BRITANNIA
Pfft, I'm living in Toronto, and I got to see Kalmah here in the spring. Plus In flames and Gojira are coming in November. I'm much happier I get to see these bands from another continent, than huge bands like DT or Metallica. Who knows when some of those guys will come back to Ontario?
Quote by rush4life
Pfft, I'm living in Toronto, and I got to see Kalmah here in the spring. Plus In flames and Gojira are coming in November. I'm much happier I get to see these bands from another continent, than huge bands like DT or Metallica. Who knows when some of those guys will come back to Ontario?

this. Moonsorrow is coming in November too.

and dude, Opeth was in London Ontario LAST NIGHT. I was there. And you think they skipped Ontario...
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Because no one cares about Canada.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Umm I was at the Progressive Nation tour in Toronto............Dream Theatre and Between The Buried and Me didnt play it though. It was only Opeth, Three and a horrible band called Deathmarch.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Quite whining, i live in Windsor ontario. No bands come here, ever. I either have to drive 4 hours to toronto and cross the border and go to detroit.

Besides dream theatre and metallica do plenty of tours, when was the last time Primordial came anywhere near Ontario, let alone windsor?
You guys have me all wrong. I'm not complaioning about traveling. I'm willing to travel, but out of province in terms of 5+ hour drives is a bit hard for me.

And unless Ticketmaster lied, Opeth wasn't here. Pics or fake. :P

And yes, i saw Opeth + Three.

And I feel for you guys who barely get shows, but I'm not complaining that I can't see these bands per se, but more so curious as to why they skip Ontario.

Stop hating on me! Assholes...
Blackstar HT-5

Quote by CrushedCan
I just don't get it.

First, Progressive Nation skips us. Understandable, Dream Theater's last showout was pretty crappy, so I can't blame them.

But now, Metallica isn't coming here, and neither is Opeth. I'm starting to get ****ing upset here.

Especially considering how I live in the most populated city in Canada, I wouldn't think this would be a problem but seriously what the ****?

I really wanna go to some shows but it looks like Amon Amarth (which is awesome) is gonna be the last show of year.

SO my ****ing qualm here is why are these bands skpping Ontario? We have a fairly large scene of metal fans. Guaranteed these shows will sell out. Opeth did last time, so money can't be an issue here.

I'm very upset. Man, when Prog Nation skipped us I nearly cried, I was waiting for like a year to get dates, had to greyhound to Albany to see it.

And can anyone show me some good local metal bands so I can get my fill of mosh pits and heavy metal? Cause I'm seriously upset here.

-Mike

SVERIGE!
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by korinaflyingv
poopy put pics up in the opeth thread

I just saw them. I feel so ripped off!! How idd you find out about the tickets?

I'm too dumbed down because of ticket master I have no idea where else to go to find these, and now I just two of my favourite bands...High on Fire and Opeth.

Though admitedly I saw Opeth twice this year alreayd, but still!
Blackstar HT-5

**** me sideways do I feel insepidly stupid now. Oh well, serves me right. Not the biggest loss in the world though, saw Opeth Twice alreayd in May and High on Fire as well...

Saw In Flames as well, so there isn't too much coming up that I'm interested in...
Blackstar HT-5

Some venues distribute through Tickets.com.

The Palladium in Massachusetts was one of those, and I'm pretty sure wherever they were in Ontario is sold there too, for future reference.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by fowles06
who gives a **** about metallica.

erm.......

Quote by Reliable source
According to the RIAA, Metallica is the 16th highest selling artist of all time in the USA. They have sold over 57 million albums.

So, err...... do you like... want the list of names or.... or what? Or errrrmmm... will that do?
First of all, Toronto gets the most shows out of any Canadian city. Many times, it's the ONLY Canadian city (either Toronto, or Quebec) in the tour schedule: e.g. Metal Masters.

I'm pretty sure DT went to Molson Amp for the SC tour right? If so, it only makes sense; that's a huge ampitheater and for a prog metal band to even book that and get as many turnouts as they did, is a pretty big feat.

Metallica have only announced the first leg of the tour; they end this leg @ NJ, and there's no doubt that Toronto is up next in a few shows.

Opeth have come twice this year to the GTA.

I'm quite satisfied with metal tours in the city. Obviously there are times I wish where I had lived in NY or some place even bigger (mainly the LTE reunion show last June), but relatively speaking, we get extremely well represented.

Go to the Iced Earth show tonight @ the Phoenix if you want your heavy metal fix.

If you use Facebook, get iLike, and add all the bands you like. iLike will update you on their touring schedule and releases; I use it and it's extremely helpful.
Lost interest.
I live in Whitby, so I can barely get out to shows. However, I saw the Metal Masters show in Toronto-ZylitoL knows what I am talking about-and I am probably seeing Protest the Hero on Friday, as they are playing 15 minutes away from my house. Toronto is pretty good, as far as tours go.

Plus, we get Rush all the time!!
Quote by ZylitoL
First of all, Toronto gets the most shows out of any Canadian city. Many times, it's the ONLY Canadian city (either Toronto, or Quebec) in the tour schedule: e.g. Metal Masters.

I'm pretty sure DT went to Molson Amp for the SC tour right? If so, it only makes sense; that's a huge ampitheater and for a prog metal band to even book that and get as many turnouts as they did, is a pretty big feat.

Metallica have only announced the first leg of the tour; they end this leg @ NJ, and there's no doubt that Toronto is up next in a few shows.

Opeth have come twice this year to the GTA.

I'm quite satisfied with metal tours in the city. Obviously there are times I wish where I had lived in NY or some place even bigger (mainly the LTE reunion show last June), but relatively speaking, we get extremely well represented.

Go to the Iced Earth show tonight @ the Phoenix if you want your heavy metal fix.

If you use Facebook, get iLike, and add all the bands you like. iLike will update you on their touring schedule and releases; I use it and it's extremely helpful.

I didn't get tickets cause I had no one to go with and now have other stuff to take care of tonight. Hey shit, we coulda gone together...lol.

Do you know any local bands that are at least half decent?

And yes, Toronto doesn't have it awful, I overreacted out of sadness. Missing Opeth again was my fault though, so whatever.

Sorry for starting al the ruckus guys. xD
Blackstar HT-5

Quote by CrushedCan
I didn't get tickets cause I had no one to go with and now have other stuff to take care of tonight. Hey shit, we coulda gone together...lol.

Do you know any local bands that are at least half decent?

And yes, Toronto doesn't have it awful, I overreacted out of sadness. Missing Opeth again was my fault though, so whatever.

Sorry for starting al the ruckus guys. xD

Nah, I wish I could've gone but I can't. =/. Perhaps next time, Mr Barlow.

I know a few local bands, but my friends know way more. Next time I see them, I'll get a nice list of myspaces.
Lost interest.
Muchly appreciated mate. You wouldn't happen to have an MSN?
Blackstar HT-5

Its worse here and manitoba, no metal bands ever come here. We're lucky
even if we get one band, the latest was summer slaughter, everyone skips us and no
one comes here.
The Scattering Of Ashes
we are trying to get a REAL metal fest going here.....
long story short: my bf's dad is chums with the guy who set up the blues fest in milton (summer 07)... it comes down to INVESTORS AND SECURITY, then location. but I'm thinking the molson ampitheatre would be best for a weekend festival thing.
the bands will come, if we pay them.

plus ONTARIO IS THE GREATEST:
a place to live and a place to grow
Ontario gets way better metal concerts then anywhere else in Canada. For ****'s sake, you guy's even got Peste Noire. Lucky Bastards!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by CaptnWar
just for argument sake: montreal gets the most shows

Actually, as far as metal goes, I think this is true.

Molson Amp for a metal fest..? I don't see that happening.

Why not @ that place where they did Mayhem this year? Downsview Park or something like that, it's called.
Lost interest.
Quote by CrushedCan
I just don't get it.

-Mike

Try coming down and living in Tennessee and then complain. I can guarantee you that Opeth will retire before coming here and playing a show.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by 1010011010
I'm more upset about the fact that The Black Dahlia Murder refuses to do a concert in Montreal.

Why is that?
Lost interest.
Quote by CrushedCan
I just saw them. I feel so ripped off!! How idd you find out about the tickets?

I'm too dumbed down because of ticket master I have no idea where else to go to find these, and now I just two of my favourite bands...High on Fire and Opeth.

Though admitedly I saw Opeth twice this year alreayd, but still!

BMTC (I think) told me to check the venue's website because the tickets are not always sold through Ticketmaster.

In short, ALWAYS CHECK THE VENUE SITE IN THE FUTURE. It has saved my ass twice now.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
...opeth did not skip ontario, they played down in london
i'm not sure the reason why, but if you have facebook join the inertia group http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/INERTIA-ENTERTAINMENT/6393274882?ref=ts and ask noel (the guy that runs inertia) wh he didnt book them for a stop in toronto, i'm sure he'd have a good reason, noel simply runs the best shows
and he doesnt book shows at the kathedral which is a big plus for me, such a shitty venue, i saw incantation, funerus, deamon, and a bunch of others there and the sound always sucks so bad
My sig is better than yours
Page 1 of 2