Yay
109 67%
Nay
43 27%
Havent Played It Yet.
10 6%
Voters: 162.
Page 1 of 2
For a long time I never liked guitar hero for the reasons why people hate it as you know.

But I decided to buy it with money I had left over and I must say I love it now I dont know why I actually hated it tbh. Cant stop myself playing it lately.

So what you think of it? or are you bashing it before you have even played it?

Also discuss it GH in here too while we are at it.
The game: Yay
People who play it, and think that they can play real guitar: Nay

Fun game, I have no problems with it. Those who truly do have troubles with it need to stop being pretentious nonces.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
guitar hero actually sort of inspired me to play guitar in the first place, soooo i think its a god-send because its putting GOOD MUSIC back out there for the everydasy people to play with and get a feel for...without those games there would almost be no rock today and it seems, in america anyways, we're dieing out

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
Quote by NielsWho

Yay.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Fun game, I beat "Through Fire And Flames" on Expert.

Its just good fun, and with everything fun there will be stupid people. It's just life.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Its a game meant for fun not to replace guitar but to pretend like you can play. So its all good till people think they can play real guitar. Someone told me they could play "Through The Fire And Flames" on guitar. They didn't know I know how to play guitar, and I said wait a minute went up to my room and brought back my guitar and said show me.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Fun game, I have no problems with it. Those who truly do have troubles with it need to stop being pretentious nonces.

+1

I love the games, to be quite honest. They're just amazing fun to play, IMO.

I don't even like Aerosmith. At all. I enjoy, maybe, three songs by them, and I could really care less about them, but I love Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. I don't own the game, but I play it at Best Buy occasionally, and it's a genuinely fun Guitar Hero game, and the fact that I don't really like the songs is pretty overshadowed by the challenging note charts and look of the game.

That HAS to say something about how great the franchise is on a whole, IMO.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Yay but like I posted in the gaming thread RB istaking things a bit too far IMO

Quote by Chips-
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14257567/rock-band-2-game-only-/videos/rb2madcatz03_091808.html

MadCatz is going ridiculous with RB2. I mean come on, real size wooden Fender (or Squier) built instruments for Rock Band 2. Why would anyone buy those?
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
I decided to start playing real guitar after getting GH, I love the game and honestly can't get enough of it. Some people do think they can play real guitar from it, but they're easily put in their place so its really not an issue. I really love the game and can't say enough good things about it... my father who has his Ph.D. in music education disagrees though :-p
It's a pretty bad game. I really prefer Searchbar Hero, it's a lot more fun!
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by sock_demon
Le Video Game thread, por favor.

Our posts would just get lost in there.
Quote by Joey Radical
It's a pretty bad game. I really prefer Searchbar Hero, it's a lot more fun!

I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Last edited by Chips- at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by juancsego
guitar hero actually sort of inspired me to play guitar in the first place, soooo i think its a god-send because its putting GOOD MUSIC back out there for the everydasy people to play with and get a feel for...without those games there would almost be no rock today and it seems, in america anyways, we're dieing out

I agree with this post. It was being too good at Guitar Hero that got me into real guitar, and for that I thank Guitar Hero. However, I also do think it's a waste of time to spend too much time on the game. I play Rock Band on ocassion with my dad and when I have friends over, but that's it. I think it's a waste of time to try and "practice" some of the really hard songs on expert when I could just practice real guitar instead.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by Våd Hamster
AKA the chat spam thread.

AKA "We Wish we were as awesome as the Chateth Thread" Thread.

Awww..... You know I'm kiddin'. I love my Gaming Thread homies (when I actually have something worthwhile to say.....)

Saxo-Walrus

The poll needs a Rock Band > Guitar Hero option.

Still both fun games though.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by fallenangel20
AKA "We Wish we were as awesome as the Chateth Thread" Thread.

Awww..... You know I'm kiddin'. I love my Gaming Thread homies (when I actually have something worthwhile to say.....)

It's pretty darn annoying though, when you post there wanting advice, and having to bump your post because everyone's so busy talking about nothing, that you don't get a response.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by Våd Hamster
It's pretty darn annoying when you post there wanting advice, and having to bump your post because everyone's so busy talking about nothing, that you don't get a response though.

+1

Or someone brings up a topic that is a sure-fire hot topic, and it completely overshadows your comment/question/concern, and one answers it.

=/

Saxo-Walrus

I dont understand why guitarists say it's bad and the real thing is better, it's just a game. And a fun one.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
I love Rock Band more IMO, cuz i can play with my non musician friends. Of course i love real guitar more but it's just a game and it's not really the same thing at all, it's the same thing as saying "Nub u play COD4, why don'tya join the army instead loser"
...What!?
my friend has it, so i play it now and again.
i find it fun... only when i'm good at it.
yay. I don't like the game but I like the fact that kids are finally listening to some decent music.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by af_the_fragile
I'ld rather play Need For Speed or GT5 or something....
or play the real guitar....

This. Well, GT5 anyway... NFS sucks now!
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Yay.

Guitar Hero improved my sense of rhythm a lot.

And for the people that says that GH players claim to be able to play real guitar, there are very few people that really thinks that. Serious players (scorehero.com) will NEVER EVER claim that and these players are the people that get the most "try that song on a real guitar etc." comments on YouTube.
Quote by stef123
This. Well, GT5 anyway... NFS sucks now!

I still like NFS.
Thought nothing can beat the old NFS 3 Hot Pursuit and Hot Pursuit 2.
They were the best!!!
Now i'm getting sick of all that tuning, customizing crap...
its a fun game i really love it but i think it has issues because i can play aome of the songs in the game but i can't play them in the game on expert or hard i mean whats up with that. shouldn't i be able to play them in the game if i can really play them in real life???? thats my only beef with the game
^If all songs had 5 notes I think we could play anything really

Quote by fallenangel20
+1

I love the games, to be quite honest. They're just amazing fun to play, IMO.

I don't even like Aerosmith. At all. I enjoy, maybe, three songs by them, and I could really care less about them, but I love Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. I don't own the game, but I play it at Best Buy occasionally, and it's a genuinely fun Guitar Hero game, and the fact that I don't really like the songs is pretty overshadowed by the challenging note charts and look of the game.

That HAS to say something about how great the franchise is on a whole, IMO.

+1 I got the aerosmith version. I listened to their early stuff years ago and this game brings it back. Love it now.
I haven't played it and I have no desire to. I'd rather practice playing my real guitar.
I used to bash it before i played it, because i just went along with people on this site, But once i actually played it it was really fun. I suck at it though, cant play past Medium pretty much moving to Orange just screws me up
I liked Guitar Hero when Harmonix were developing it, then Neversoft completly fucked it up.

I'm a Rock Band guy.
Quote by NielsWho

+1
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Page 1 of 2