I've been looking for a new small practice amp ( 15 - 30 W ). I've been thinking about Valvetronix ad15vt, or are there any other options? I'm mainly into pop punk/alt rock/Post-hardcore bands like Paramore, Four Year Strong, Circa Survive, Saosin, The Fall Of Troy, Underoath, so im not looking for mega-high gain. My budget is about 400$

PS. Please don't recommend me Roland Cube(s), i tried one and i didn't like it. And there's no point in buying an atteneuator ( did i spell it correct ? ), since im also looking for portability ( no need for a battery powered amp tho' ).

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Not too sure what the used market is like in Antarctica...

I would rec a used Classic 30 or Blues Jr (+OD pedal) for what you want to play. Both sell for $300ish in the US.

But used markets vary, what part of Antarctica? Near what major city, Ross?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Haha, i live in Europe. Anyway, thanks. More suggestions, anyone ?

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

If you tell us where in Europe, we can help.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
shea, you could just be leet and get a 30 Watt amp and Equalizer pedal with an okay distortion pedal and call it a day, only as long as you have a very high output pickup such as Seymour Duncan SH-6 to SH-8 to Blackouts range and massive strings on a cheap guitar to make up for bad bridge to get same sustain.

I use to do that and I used these gauges on a 25.5" scale with bridge adjusted to 26"

62 - A
52 - E
42 - A
30 - D
18 - G
14 - B

your gonna make amp sound slightly distorted on its own with no effects, just gain and trebble etc, then use a distortion pedal, you dont want the best sound with the pedal, make it sound very high, then you use your EQ pedal and boost and cut the right frequencies and then it sounds GREAT. Kind of a weird technique but it was the only way I could get a good sound out of a SS amp. but if you spend over $400 on a high SS amp, you still wont get any better, if not worse. $120 is all you need to spend on a basic amp, learn how to adjust with EQ and distortion pedal, then get a job and buy a good tube amp. When you do that you can easily afford a 3,000 amp in 5 months. Now if you are younger than 18, then you would say man thats to expensive, but in the perspective it really isn't alot of money.
Gear
-ENGL Fireball Head
-Vader Cab 2X12
-Maxon OD-808
-MXR-10 Band EQ

ESP Custom 25.5" Scale
-Duncan Distortion SH-6 (B)
-Duncan 59 SH-1 (N)
Quote by loxer
I travel alot, so im probably going to buy the amp from the UK or Germany

You should follow my suggestion then.

If you prefer Standard tuning get Zakk wylde string guages

60 E
52 A
38 D
17 G
13 B
10 E

Distortion pedal should cost you --- 80 to 100
EQ pedal should only cost you --- 30
amp should cost only cost about -- 200 to 300

Roland cubes sound like a PC to me, guess I played on ENGL amps for far to long

Money doesnt always mean better sound as well, if you follow my suggestions
and figure out a decent settings, you'll be surprised how okay of a tone you can get
theres guys that use to ask me dude how you get that to sound so good!!!!!
when to me it sounded punchy but kind of lacking clarity in palm muting range
but it isn't even close to sound you can get from 6505 or something to that nature
Gear
-ENGL Fireball Head
-Vader Cab 2X12
-Maxon OD-808
-MXR-10 Band EQ

ESP Custom 25.5" Scale
-Duncan Distortion SH-6 (B)
-Duncan 59 SH-1 (N)
I travel alot, so im probably going to buy the amp from the UK or Germany.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

well, i am by no means an international expert and i have not tried these amps but.

Epi Valve Jr might be better value and they are around $300. Pedal for alt and postcore.
Laneys?
Fender Blues Jr around $469. Pedal for alt and hardcore.
Peavey Vypyrs around $99 - $400. SS modelers, no pedals. More of a metal amp i think.
CRATES V18s and V33s on sale everywhere you just have to find a dealer. I also see them on eBay and Craigslist just above current selling prices of $149 - $249 respectively. Will need pedal for post-hardcore. Also, I don't listen to those bands so if they are heavier then what I think, you may need to spank it up and get a Valveking or used higher gain amp.

These are all US but you can use xe.com or the like to convert to pounds or marks or whatever. My original suggestion was to find an even better amp with your $400 by looking at used gear.

*actually i've tried the BJ and Crates but that is my new disclaimer*

Edit: clever bumpies