I really want to add a Delay pedal to my effects chain and I'm having a hard time finding one I like. What I want is an ANALOG delay pedal with a tap tempo switch. And for under 200$. Preferably 150$. Anyways, I'm seeing a lot of really nice ones that have a ton of features and they sound like a lot of fun, but I just need a basic one.

Or does anyone have an Empress Superdelay that they will sell to me for 200?

I don't think it matters, but I play a Fender Strat MIM through a Peavey Delta Blues.
well not analog but the dd20 is really good has every imaginable sound you ever need
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
The whole point of this thread is to find an ANALOG delay pedal. Why would you even mention a digital one?

Also, True bypass would be nice.
It's tough (to say the least) to find a good, cheap analog delay with tap tempo.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by ze monsta
MXR Carbon Copy

No tap tempo. Just a knob for delay time.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Mecler
The whole point of this thread is to find an ANALOG delay pedal. Why would you even mention a digital one?

Also, True bypass would be nice.

Because realistically, you're asking for quite a lot, and a better solution may in fact be a digital pedal?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by theoreticmusic
No tap tempo. Just a knob for delay time.

All I read was Analog delay... Sorry TS.

I think what you are looking for is gonna be very hard to find at that price.
Last edited by ze monsta at Sep 22, 2008,
the analog modelling on the dd20 is pretty good in my opinion though
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
with that feature is very uncomon becuase analog pedals do not work the same. IMHO people make way too big a deal, its just signal replication, sure analog will be a bit warmer but if you want more features and abilities, than the digi delays are fine.
someone posted a thread i think yesterday about making a tap tempo for a boss looper (i forget the model). i wonder if you could add that to a mxr carbon copy?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
If a DD3 is fine enough for Paul Gilbert, it's fine enough for me... really, you won't notice much of a difference between the analog and digital pedal.

What you're asking for is pretty much digital technology in analog form which is impossible outside of boutique pedals. Hell, I'm not even sure if it is possible period.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
If a DD3 is fine enough for Paul Gilbert, it's fine enough for me... really, you won't notice much of a difference between the analog and digital pedal.

What you're asking for is pretty much digital technology in analog form which is impossible outside of boutique pedals. Hell, I'm not even sure if it is possible period.

Bingo! TS you're just gonna have to settle for a digital pedal or go for an analog one (like the MXR Carbon Copy) and lose the nice digital features.