Hi, My band has just finished recording a whole album, and it is the first album we've done, it sounds like a proper album, with a real begining, middle and end. All the songs run through smoothly too. It's been produced well and sounds really great. So we were wondering who is worth contacting in the music industry to show what we think is a great record. So can you link me with some worthwhilst URL's and emails please thanks .

Edit: We're have a kinda Pop Punk maybe even Glam side to us. We sound like all the guitar music that was out in the 80's, cheesey, catchey but shreddey
Last edited by jdmusic at Sep 22, 2008,
Why don't you ask at the studio? Also, what genre is it? You should look up some of your favorite bands/influences/similar bands and send a press package to their labels.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
We're have a kinda Pop Punk maybe even Glam side to us. We sound like all the guitar music that was out in the 80's, cheesey, catchey but shreddey
Well, honestly, you better be absolutely amazing, because there's no real commercial market for that stuff right now, so don't expect to get a big response or any at all from anyone. You might find an independent specializing in that stuff, though, so keep your eyes/ears open.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
if you have a decent manager he/she should know of some labels
If you intend to get really serious about your band/want to go far
you should probably get one.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by cocky_rooster
if you build it they will come

+1

dont go out trying to impress people,if they like it they will come to you
now extra flamey
Quote by Ikey
+1

Wrong.
Quote by jdmusic
Middlesbrough, UK

OK, I've sent you a private message. It has information on it that I couldn't possibly put in a public forum post, hope it helps.
Is there any particular town in the U.K. that's big in the industry? Kind of like Nashville here in the states? If so, move there and get really aggressive with finding someone who will buy you.
We're only strays.
I take a music management and promotion class as part of my sound engineering course, only had it twice so far but i gather that the best thing to do would be to get together a press pack and send it to A&R departments of labels.
Bass Player
Quote by blue_strat
Wrong.

worked for me
now extra flamey

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by jdmusic
Hi, My band has just finished recording a whole album, and it is the first album we've done, it sounds like a proper album, with a real begining, middle and end. All the songs run through smoothly too. It's been produced well and sounds really great. So we were wondering who is worth contacting in the music industry to show what we think is a great record. So can you link me with some worthwhilst URL's and emails please thanks .

Edit: We're have a kinda Pop Punk maybe even Glam side to us. We sound like all the guitar music that was out in the 80's, cheesey, catchey but shreddey

If you recorded it the right way, you probably already met the people you should be talking to. You think you're just gonna mail your record in?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Ikey
+1

lol
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by blue_strat
Wrong.

i didn't realize people still wanted to be signed to major labels? get with the times man use the internet and your live shows to stir up interest in your band, don't become a label *****..... they will make you add a synth player :P:
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by groll01
i didn't realize people still wanted to be signed to major labels? get with the times man use the internet and your live shows to stir up interest in your band, don't become a label *****..... they will make you add a synth player :P:

Further lols.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
Further lols.

even bigger lols at vornik's music
Last edited by cocky_rooster at Sep 24, 2008,