Hi, I'm looking for a decent guitar with humbucker p-ups that is good with distortion

I like metalcore and I play bullet for my valentine , slipknot, atreyu, killswitch engage songs, etc...

My budget is $100 to 250

Can you give me some suggestions on what guitar to get or what specs of the guitar that I need to look for like the wood/pick ups/tremolo

Thanks in advance
"... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

"Play the music, not the instrument."
Ehm either save up your money and buy a GOOD guitar( ATLEAST 400 bucks) or, what smart people'd do, buy an amp first
I agree. You wont get a half way to decent guitar for less that. I would seeing as you like metal buy a decentish amp. I dunno american pricing but just get something reliable a la marshall. And then buy a wickedsick OD pedal.
Last edited by mon_the_fraser at Sep 22, 2008,
Not sure how much it costs at the moment (paid 250€ a year ago), but I have got a LTD-M50, and I really love it.
Nice sound, perfect for all kinds of Metal, but also sounds great clean.
Uhm i think you should maybe just read the reviews here, they'll tell you more than I can I think :P
http://ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/esp/ltd_m-50/index.html

But the best would be to go to a guitar shop and just try out a few guitars, also the people there should know more than me to help you finding the right guitar for you.

Hope I could help you
no trembolo but, a epiphone Les Paul juiors good. how do you put a queston on here?
Amp - Roland Cube 30x (Just for practicing)
"... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

I strongly advise you to save up a little more and get an Ibanez RG321. They are about 280$ in the US I believe and are good for heavy rock and metal. They come without a trem though. If you really need a trem on your guitar, look into Yamaha Pacificas or Squier Strats, though the trems on these are not that great.

If you want one with a really nice trem, you'll have to invest 300$ for this:
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_SA120%20Electric%20Guitar%20Assorted%20Colors_-1_10052_10002_184321_cmCategorySA182593
I recommend doing so or getting the RG321. I know the yamahas and Squiers are cheaper, but you'll notice the difference in quality when comparing them to the two Ibanez's.

I'd also recommend staying away from esp, epiphone and jackson guitars in that price range, from my experience those are not too good.

EDIT: I think the Ibanez (whichever you choose) will make a killer metal set up together with your cube.
I see, thanks a lot

I'll try to save more money and stretch my budget upto $400,

So which is best?

Ibanez RG2EX1, Ibanez SA120 , or ?

I just read some reviews about the guitars you suggested , I found the RG321 great and there were a lot of comments said that this guitar is really built for Metal/Distortion but it still has a good clean sound, and some of the comments came from Roland Cube 30x Users