Hi folks. Now I know there's a beginner song database (in the sticky), but I have a more specific question.

Currently these are the skills I've been working on:

- barre chords (major, minor) with roots on 6th and also 5th string
- pull-offs
- power chords with root on 5th string
- E (natural) minor scale (full box)
- pentatonic minor scale (full box)
- open chord switching (minor, major, slash chords, suspended 9, G C A D 7th power, I think that's about it so far)

All that being said, I am looking for maybe 1-3 songs that make use of some of these skills, specifically:

- E minor scale
- pentatonic minor scale
- chord switching that involves barre major chord w/ root on 5th string, maybe some slash chords (these are the areas that I am weakest in)

My skills overall in the other categories are not great by any means, but I would like to find a song or two where I can use the E minor scale and maybe switch between some of the "more difficult" chords.

I suppose what I'm really asking, what are some songs that I can say play on my PC and play along to and improvise using the two scales I know. If it helps at all, I mostly listen to hard rock, classic rock, that sort of music. But I am open to any suggestion, as long as it's not something like death metal or hip-hop.

Appreciate any advice, thank you.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
anything by Black Sabbath would fit your bill quite nicely i think.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
I agree, paranoid would be good i think (not sure if its Eminor, i think its in D) or guns n roses to practise the minor pentatocin/blues scale
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
How can I tell what key the song is in? Do you tell this from what chords the song is using?
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

personally i would say learn the major guitar scale
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
I've been trying some Sabbath songs as per suggestion. I found out that Iron Man solo is in C# pentatonic minor, and I'm practicing it right now. Will also try some other Sabbath songs like "Sweet Leaf" or "Supernaut". Thank you for the suggestion fellas. Even though you may not have specifically said it, your guys comments got me to examine the Iron Man solo and realized it's pentatonic minor which I can fully do.

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110