Hey guys,

I'm getting some serious writers block here. I have to write a fairly small essay (150 words) on what I think contributes to the disappearance of a language/dialect. I've already got "no one speaks it anymore" but I need to explain why people don't speak it anymore.

thanks pit.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Too complicated, not widespread enough?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
lots of it is because the way of speaking becomes less effective for communicating, many new words are abbreviations or shortened verisons of older words and when this happens a lot then the language completely changes
Outside influences?
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
150 words? Dude that's nothing! Just write about stuff like that a lot of African Tribal people, for example, will want to learn English or something so that they can get a job in the city.
New people come in and enforce change on native people. e.g Aboriginal Australia
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
No new words became added to Latin, so it became useless to communicate anything except "pull down your trousers" to 8 year old boys.
Canada, for example, used schools to assimilate the native youths by forcing them to learn french and english instead of their native tongues.

IMO 150 isn't enough for a good essay.

Or an essay at all.
hue
Fairly small!? 150 words? Man, that's not an essay, that's two paragraphs.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
150 words? isnt that next to nothing if you are doing an essay - anyway other reason is modernisation. The old language gets changed bit by bit until it eventually becomes a totally new language. Language dies out as people choose to learn other languages instead of their native tongue so as generations go on knowledge of the language becomes less and less until nobody even uses it. Yeah, those are too from the top of my head.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by asator
Fairly small!? 150 words? Man, that's not an essay, that's two paragraphs.

Lol, I know. my teacher calls it an "essay" but its more like a "Post-it note". HE told me to do around 150, thats what I'm doing.
Quote by SamuelBirkett

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
another major language gains popularity and the old language has no need, its not widespread enough so the language doesnt grow, its too complicated to learn, its not important in the proffesional world,it sounds ugly
Quote by weorge
another major language gains popularity and the old language has no need, its not widespread enough so the language doesnt grow, its too complicated to learn, its not important in the proffesional world,it sounds ugly

Nice.
Quote by SamuelBirkett

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
immigrants influencing different languages

slang

etc
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
If you talk about imperialism I'm sure you can easily get over 150 words. 150 words is childs play anyways.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.