Hi, I'm getting ready to go and buy a Seagull S6 for $150. I found it on craigslist. The guy said it's in really good condition, hardly been used, it comes with a hard case, strap, and extra strings, and I know I'm getting an awesome deal. But, he also said it was 10 years old. Now, I've heard these guitars age really nicely, but should there be anything I should be worried about with getting an older guitar?

This just seems too good to be true, and I'm kinda skeptical about it, lol.
Last edited by skatefreestyle at Sep 22, 2008,
Well, since it's not used age won't affect it I guess. Since it has a solid top though, should the guitar's environment be too humid or dry and it wasn't taken good care of, there might be a problem. Others here will probably know more to tell you than I do.
Oh really? Heh, well, I guess I didn't think about it. I always thought aging just had to do with the age of the wood, kind of like wine. Guess not, haha.

Thanks for the replies. =]
Quote by confusius
If it's not been played it hasn't aged.

but he could have left it in a very hot attic or a damp basement or somewhere that would be bad for the guitar.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
OOOH MYYY GODDD.

I just got it, freakin' amazing. LOVE IT.

Best $150 I've ever spent. The action is high so I'll go and get that taken care of soon but, other than that, WOW. The sound is unbelievable.