Would it be worth buying a bugera 333 212, then a peavey vypyr 15? I would use the Bugera on weekends and for gigs if i join a band and use the peavey for bedroom practise and my guitar lesson. What are your thoughts?
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
If you can afford it, why not?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Yeah - I've got a £500 Budget, The Bugera is £399 & the Vypyr is £89

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Never played either but not sure if Bugera there is good for bedroom practice. I'm personally concerned with the reliability issues on the 333x series.

<flameshield for the 100's of Bugera users who swear by there amps>

The Vypyrs are new and have had some reliability issues too. Both are new is the point.

Maybe wait for the Vypyr 60 hybrid version? May cover you better for practice and gig.

Or - do this.

Start over by providing Budget, Music Styles played, New or Used, Current gear, etc.

If however, you have all of that figured out already and you have the money - knock yourself out.

Edit: I see know that you plan to buy both so you can disregard my first comment to some degree.

Edit 2: Also know that the Valveking had reliability issues too when it first came out. A lot of times bugs are figured out along the way and that is just the way it is, especially with low budget amps (stereo's, cars, toasters, PCs, everything even high budget).
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 22, 2008,
Well I have tried out the Bugera and its got awesome tone. I have heard about reliabilty but Im willing to take the risk for the tone. Its the perfect amp for me. I dont really think i would need the vypyr as i could just turn down the Bugera????

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Trust me, I've tried that Bugera model. At 3 your walls will vibrate and if your neighbours are grumpy arseholes, you'll have the cops on ya.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
hmmm... Well can you suggest a amp with those specs and kinda sound but much quietier?? Like 50 watts valve at the most?? I have £500 (about $1000) and play hard rock, thrash metal, heavy metal and stoner rock / old school grunge. Bands like Metallica, Municipal Waste, Arch Enemy, Guns 'n' Roses, Aerosmith, Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Well, I'd like an amp capable of both practise and getting over drums (I can just mic at gigs when we get them eventually.)

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects