Re-recorded version of a song I posted here around easter, some of you may remember it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=774890&songID=6856109

Production info:

Guitar:
Double tracked.
5150 mkII, miced up with an SM57 on axis where the dustcap meats the cone which is going into a Yamaha UW500 interface.

Can't remember the settings exactly but I believe it was something like...

Red Channel:
Pre Gain: 6.5-7
Bass: 5
Mids: 10 (I shit you not)
Treble: 5.5?
Resonance: 2-3
Presence: 7.5
All played with a Schecter Omen 7 with stock pickups.

Bass is pitchshifted guitar through peavey revalver mkIII with the basic 100 amp model. Recording bass properly asap with our bassist's Ashdown soon enough.

Drums are Addictive Drums, as always, PM me for the preset and any more info you may want or need.

Vocals are through an SM57 into the UW500 interface.
There's about 9 tracks of vocals going on here. Pretty crazy. Heavy compression, and a bit of EQ.
Most of the vocals are double tracked. First chorus is double tracked and the second chorus is triple tracked.

Crit4Crit as always!

Cheers!
I really liked this, the quality was excellent
I felt the drums were a bit tinny in places and the crash cymbals were a bit tinny and i didn't like the tremolo effect they seemed to have in places
What software was used for recording by the way?
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
I really liked this, the quality was excellent
I felt the drums were a bit tinny in places and the crash cymbals were a bit tinny and i didn't like the tremolo effect they seemed to have in places
What software was used for recording by the way?

That would be a tad too much compression, but it's not the final mix, but I still felt like posting it.

And Steinberg Nuendo 3
very nice song man, the last song i heard of yours was just as cool. i havent really got any criticism that could better the song. a couple bits in the mix it sounds like the bass drum is overpowering the guitars, but otherwise its pretty clear. couple questions about your mix though. do you double track each of the guitars? and where'd you learn how to make mix like this? sick song, i loved it
strange compression going on at the start there.. kinda sounds like the whole song is on a respirator.

good work on the guitar tone (since it seems thats what your most concerned about here) very full with a bit o bite.

how is that omen 7 by the way? i was going to get the c-7 blackjack myself. but opted for an agile septor in the end due to cost.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
strange compression going on at the start there.. kinda sounds like the whole song is on a respirator.

good work on the guitar tone (since it seems thats what your most concerned about here) very full with a bit o bite.

how is that omen 7 by the way? i was going to get the c-7 blackjack myself. but opted for an agile septor in the end due to cost.

They're nice git sticks man, but the pickups are flubby as ****. I don't have any suggestions for better ones though I'm afraid dude. I can't afford new strings, let alone new pickups. I shit you not.
Dude this shit is sick. I want more to tell you the truth.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
I really dug it until the emo vocals kicked in, I can't stand that stuff. I was forced to turn it off, but the first minute was good.